• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should I cancel amazon pre order and order from buy.com?

PHGraves

First Post
daddystabz said:
Quick! Everyone cancel your 4e order and go buy a superior product....Castles & Crusades!

Gary Gygax seemed to agree!
Just... wow.

You are actually pouting over the fact that you could not take advantage of someone breaking street date. The cherry perched atop this parfait of FAIL? You blame the people that were taken advantage of!

I feel somewhat better now, knowing that you and I will not be playing the same game.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Scott_Rouse said:
This is the Rouse today (and for the next few days).

4.jpg

Great movie. :)

essenbee

First Post
daddystabz said:
Well, I will be cancelling all my preorders for D&D 4e to make sure that WotC doesn't get anymore of my money and stick with Castles and Crusades, a much better product. The Crusaders from Trollords have been teasing me profusely that I ever had any interest in 4e but after this move effectively holding up my order, I will ensure Wizards doesn't get my money. I wonder if I can still return KotS.
Ahh, baby throw toys out of pram...

catsclaw227

First Post
I stuck with my Amazon order because the 1 week didn't make any difference to me. I prefer to honor the date WOTC set for everyone to release the product. If it was released early on purpose, it was an underhanded move.

Now my Amazon books will have an even lower prerelease price guarantee! I ordered the core set, plus 4 PHBs as gifts to my players. Maybe this way, they'll let me DM the first 4e campaign. :p

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
daddystabz said:
Quick! Everyone cancel your 4e order and go buy a superior product....Castles & Crusades!

Gary Gygax seemed to agree!

Were you ever really in to getting 4e, are you just having some fun at our expense, or was it an attempt to get them early and flip 'em for a tidy sum?

Regardless of your intentions I find the E.G.G. comment a little distasteful.

keterys

First Post
It's a shame that we can't see what Gary thought of 4e. It seems presumptuous to think that he'd have disliked it - he might have appreciated a lot of its 'Return to Original D&D' elements and simplified concentration on 'Have fun first, sweat the details second'.

Either way, invoking the dead isn't "cool". I really hope that other stores didn't lose a lot of money by people switching to buy.com and cancelling their other orders. I suspect amazon would be worst hit, and honestly it's a drop in the bucket for them I'm sure, but still not cool.

Remove ads