Sialia Doodles, Again

Sialia

First Post
Have you seen this kobold?

I'm still obsessed with trying to learn how to draw kobolds in some way that doen't look like a rip off of someone else's style. I can no longer even recall why I wanted to do this or what I was planning on doing with them when I got them.

And then i came up with this little charmer, and I thought "Eureka! This is what I was looking for!" And then I looked at it again and said, oh wait. Nevermind. It's the same as . . . same as . . . and then I can't remember who's drawing style this is painfully reminiscent of. I know he's too familiar--he isn't just "a" kobold . .. he's somebody who already has a name and lives in a strip somewhere. But who is it?

Anyone? Link please before I go mad.

thx.

Attachments

• WhosKoboldIsItAnyway.jpg
    WhosKoboldIsItAnyway.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 48

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Hmm . . that is interesting. I was not aware of Yipples. The write up seems designed to make them strangely useless for such an wonderful plot device, though.

Well, they're from a text adventure game, so they didn't need a massive amount of depth... they featured in a puzzle where you needed a scroll which was sitting in a nest of Yipples all looking like other scrolls, and the solution was to scare them off with some bat guano.

-Hyp.

Remove ads