• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sialia Doodles, Again

Sialia

First Post
Have you seen this kobold?

I'm still obsessed with trying to learn how to draw kobolds in some way that doen't look like a rip off of someone else's style. I can no longer even recall why I wanted to do this or what I was planning on doing with them when I got them.

And then i came up with this little charmer, and I thought "Eureka! This is what I was looking for!" And then I looked at it again and said, oh wait. Nevermind. It's the same as . . . same as . . . and then I can't remember who's drawing style this is painfully reminiscent of. I know he's too familiar--he isn't just "a" kobold . .. he's somebody who already has a name and lives in a strip somewhere. But who is it?

Anyone? Link please before I go mad.

thx.

Attachments

• WhosKoboldIsItAnyway.jpg
    WhosKoboldIsItAnyway.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 48

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Hmm . . that is interesting. I was not aware of Yipples. The write up seems designed to make them strangely useless for such an wonderful plot device, though.

Well, they're from a text adventure game, so they didn't need a massive amount of depth... they featured in a puzzle where you needed a scroll which was sitting in a nest of Yipples all looking like other scrolls, and the solution was to scare them off with some bat guano.

-Hyp.

Remove ads