• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sialia's New Deck

talmar

First Post
[Sialia writing from Bandeeto's computer]

Before this thread closes and we all move on to other things, I would like to ask those who have had cool ideas about what minor artifacts could look like to please stop by my new thread and give me more ideas.

I'm feeling open to things right now, and full of possibilities.

Need fuel to keep going.

I agree on the quality of enchantable objects, and the need for a "solid" feel that could exist in normal nondigital space. Also anchoring in culture, geography, style, technology and time.

Many thanks to all of you who said kind things, or have given useful critique. I've gotten a lot out of this excercise--including most especially the resurrection of a sleeping muse I thought had left me.

There really isn't anything more precious I could have wanted.

Thank you also to my competitors, who challenged me to look for deeper answers, and produced beautiful decks.

Is this the other thread you were talking about?

I have a minor artifact that one of my epic characters has been using for quite some time now. I've tried to get several artists to come up with some kind drawing for it but have yet to see anything materialize.

I'll include my description of the item here and if you'd like to do it great, if you'd like to commision it then let me know. I think your art is fantastic and really like both your original cards you posted for the contest and the ones you've posted here. You're a very talented person. I can't even draw a stick figure. :)

Here ya go...

Moradin’s Fist is an adamantium warhammer forged in the likeness of a great dwarven fist. Dwarven runes and Religious sigils of power representing Moradin, Dumiathon and Clanggadin decorate the top of the fist and adamantium shaft of the hammer. The fist is also adorned with large signet ring in the shape of Moradin’s holy symbol. This ring is made from a metal mined from the depths of Moradin’s mountainous celestial home.

Sialia

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm...the 2e Encyclopedia Magica Volume I had a special Deck of Many Things set with reversed effects for each card--that last pair could be used to represent reversed and unreversed Moons, which could be cool. Did I mention I use the Deck of Many Things too much? :D

One of the versions I was looking at stated that you could tell how many wishes were in the card based on the phases of the moon. I wanted to give GMs the option.

Sialia

First Post
talmar said:
Is this the other thread you were talking about?

I have a minor artifact that one of my epic characters has been using for quite some time now. I've tried to get several artists to come up with some kind drawing for it but have yet to see anything materialize.

I'll include my description of the item here and if you'd like to do it great, if you'd like to commision it then let me know. I think your art is fantastic and really like both your original cards you posted for the contest and the ones you've posted here. You're a very talented person. I can't even draw a stick figure. :)

Here ya go...

This is the thread, welcome.

I might take on some other objects in a little while, but I'm not ready to do it yet.

The cards have me for a while while I'm trying to envision what suits and functions I want. There will be some overlap between my cards and the cards mentioned in the Deck, but there also some other ideas I want to play with and I'm not quite sure where they're going as yet.

Thank you for checking in.

Sialia

First Post
Well. Wheelbarrow. Windmill.

Water, earth and air, brought to you by the letter W.

Also a pulley, a lever, and a gear.

Attachments

• well.jpg
    well.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 112
  • wheelbarrow.jpg
    wheelbarrow.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 123
  • windmill.jpg
    windmill.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Gulla

Adventurer
I really like this last one.

I guess it's only in my mind, but i _feel_ the shadows of the three hags (og fates or whatever you want to call them) stirring that kettle. And the lines in the background (and the colour) really give me a feeling of a clearing in the forrest shrouded in fog and the fumes from whatever nasty brew is cooking in there.

Håkon

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Does anyone have any good ideas about the best way to print these out to make them look as close to actual playing cards as possible? I'm thinking super-glossy card stock, bu I don't know if the average stationery store sells quite the right kind of paper...

EDIT: To answer my own question, I think printing on regular paper and then laminating would be the way to go...

Last edited:

Remove ads