Siberys Seven: Heroes of Eberron

Recently had some new blood in the gaming group whom play 5e. They talked about it and now there is only two of us that wants to stick to 3e. The popularity of it and gaining new players means I need to learn and use 5e.

New player never worked out.

Can't find 3.5 characters and notes.

Working on making characters as close as I can into 5e and a go-go

SIBERYS SEVEN
006 NEW ADVENTURES
SEGMENT 073
“REDIRECTION”

BARRAKAS 23, 999

The group of friends have researched the ‘Day of Nines’ and the suggested secret ‘Maze of Madness’. Little was found but heard many cryptic warning to avoid this place.

Dura has packed all of her notes and all of her grandfather’s notes.

After another attempt by outside forces to stop them, Dura has hired an airship to take them to Eldeen Reaches.

BARRAKAS 24

They leave Sharn with a band of Bugbears once more pursuing them. The leader had a white hand on its chest.

RHAAN 1, 999 ( 9/1/99 )

The captain refuses to go any closer in fear of the natives (Harpies and Gargoyles). Using magic and sturdy rope ladders, everyone leaves. The Captain in given a hefty bonus for his quiet work. Unknown to the party, the Captain reports to a faction of the Emerald Claw.

RHAAN 5, 999 (9/5/99)

Even with a few uncertainties with map reading, the group make good time following the mountain cliff edges. Every night Dura looks over the papers. What is the Day of Nines? What is the red crystal rod used for?

They avoid a large Dire Bear but must put down an incredibly large Dire Badger. They reach the only marked town for this trip. Winetree. An old man watches from his tavern as they pass through at day break. He looks on saying nothing but is very interested in them.

RHAAN 7, 999

The party find themselves being hunted by humanoids. Mania and Bora discover the source. A large group of Shifters known as the Dark Claw Clan. Feeling they are close- they decide to take the battle to the Claws.

SIBERYS SEVEN
007 DARK CLAW CLAN
SEGMENT 074
“SHIFTER AMBUSH”

RHAAN 7,999 ELDEEN REACHES

Mania carefully moves through the thick brush next to the wide trail that traveled between the steep mountain side and Eldeen’s Great Forest. Twice yesterday they encountered aggressive shifters. He and Bora had captured one whom before dying said in a sinister snarl his clan was called the Dark Claws. It died before saying anything else.

Bora and Leeya walk the trail not far from Mania. They were both scouts and bait. Bora has spotted tracks from many creatures and also a wagon. What is a wagon is doing here is unclear.

Several hundred feet away, follows Dura, Vander, Incarnum and Aura. Dura still checks the bits of maps and references within. Aura is uncertain about investigating here versus going to Bora’s home with Fiends. Vander, as always, is impatient for combat with something dangerous.

Bora and Leeya are still in the lead. “Still miss home?” asks Leeya.

“Yes. I miss my family the most. This forest reminds me of home also.”

After looking ahead for dangers, Leeya continues. “How so?”

“My home is between the Eldeen and the mountains to the north. The mornings are crisp and cool in the morning and warm by day. Dire creatures run amok and we post guards at all times. Great fights occured when these creatures are born or possessed by fiends living beyond the mountains.”

“You do like your fights.”

“Yeah. Yeah I do. It runs in my blood.”

“Is that why you agreed to come here?” Asks Leeya.

“Some. But Dura is also my friend.”

“I believe most of us are here due to friendship or at least looking out for someone that is going.”

“Is that why you’re here?”

With a smirk- “What do you mean by that?”

Suddenly there is a series of rushes in the brush. Snarls accompany the sounds.

Mania was caught off-guard as his two attackers dropped from above from the trees. Even as they however he swings his short sword hitting of the two shifters dressed in black with dark green trim. Bora bursts in and hacks into one. Leeya casts Magic Missile and the two bolts of energy hit the one Mania was fighting. The two badly wounded shifters move around Leeya onto the road and try to run away. Several other sifters can be seen on the road. They run.

“Hold up----- let’s wait for the others.”

“We do tend to rush into things don’t we?” Adds Bora with a smile.

SIBERYS SEVEN
007 DARK CLAW CLAN
SEGMENT 075
“MOUNTAIN CLIFF ENTRANCE”

Stepping over the dead shifter Mania looks at the wall of vines and a stone wall built along the ground level. The earthen floor of the cave entrance has been padded hard.

“There will be more.”

“They have familiar footing.”

Dura considers Vander and Mania’s considerations. Then-- “If left to fester they will attack more people traveling on the road. Its up to us to protect.” And as predicted, Aura, the Paladin, agrees.

“This may be the entrance to that place you were looking for.” Adds Bora. If Dura acknowledges the barbarian, she doesn’t show it.

About 50 ft into the tunnel the floor and walls become stone brick. Mania points at this then continues on. Torches and light spells are caste revealing the straight stone walkway. Soon lit torches could be seen in the walls. Following the lit hall, Mania points out a portcullis gate. He whispers to himself- “This is it.”

Mania goes quickly pass the iron gate half expecting it to come down on him. Breathing easier, he watches Aura and Bora pass next. There is a short alcove to the left with a door. Mania tests the door. It is untrapped and unlocked. The three pass the door but before the others can cross, shifters rush out of another doorway. Vander and Incarnum step up to shield Leeya and Dura.

The battle is quick as Bora cleaves a shifter in two when rushing up. Incarnum also makes short work of one shifter (nat 20). After casting Bless, Dura holds back to heal any that require it and to protect Leeya. Several shifters leap over a table and attack Mania, Aura and Bora. The battle is fierce but the shifters can not seem to hit the seven friends due to armor or agility.

Unknown to them, one shifter has broken away and retreated. Mania, Aura and Bora look around the room. It was used for food and a sorting area for stolen goods. There are crates and barrels of goods. The only thing found of use is a cask of wine which they leave behind.

Still not realizing the potential danger they in, they take their time entering the hallway off-shot the shifter took. In his hurry, the doors were left open. It is another larger room but with cages inside.

Mania searches the one door that exists the room. It is closed and locked. Mania fidgets with the lock but it then opens with a quiet click. He pushes the door open even as Bora moves up for support.

Mania spots a shifter on a set of stairs leading to a single door. As she (a female shifter) opened the door and leaped in (with a smile?). Mania creeps up and considers what could happen and how he could approach it. Testing the door, it is slightly open and the rogue pushes it open and is rewarded with twin bolts of energy. Bora charges in recklessly. A shifter sorcerer curses at her and raises his hands to use magic on Bora. Bora hacks him down instead. The female shifter exists through a second door. Mania reaches the doorway just to see her leave a small room through a secret door.

The group look around the sorcerer’s room. Several potions and a wand are found. Going down some stairs into a storage room they around but find little of use. They go down a hallway that had led to the sorcerer’s room. Then through a doorway to…..

Map of the first section with the Shifters-

Attachments

• SCREAMING HALLS 1.jpg
    SCREAMING HALLS 1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 53

SIBERYS SEVEN
007 DARK CLAW CLAN
SEGMENT 076
“THE BIG ROOM”

Mania opens another doorway and himself in a very large room. Again, there are torches lit along the walls. Also in the room are four tall pillars.

“Wait up Mania- lets regroup.” Advises Aura. All seven enter the room and then Mania sets out to explore. Aura sighs quietly to herself. Aura then stiffens up. Evil. She is in the presence of evil.

“Uh-oh. That’s not good.” Comments Dura.

“What?” asks Leeya. “What is wrong?”

“Blood…..I smell blood.” Answers Mania (a Dhampir).

The group spread out slightly and move on. A door can be seen to the right. The room is 80x70. At the far side is a raised misshaped table with chains. Almost dried Blood is on the chains, the table and floor. Beyond that is an archway with a red light for a door. Fearing embarrassing himself, Mania goes to the doorway.

“Sacrifice. They sacrificed living creatures.” Says Aura looking down at it with hatred and discuss.

“I could prepare some spells for tomorrow to dispel some of the evil.” Offers Dura.

Incarnum watches the two woman ponders what could be done.

Vander and Bora quietly look around. If the alter is evil then what of the room? What of the Shifters? Were there any more?

Leeya walks up to Mania. “What do you think?”

“Its magical energy of some sort. I can see through it but its solid like a heavy door. There is no door handle or knockers. The closest thing to a door lock I can find is this hole.” And the rogue points at a hole with a red circle around it. The two stare at it in silence.

“Maaargh!” Loud and strong, something roars from the doorway to the side.

“Company” says Bora as she hefts her purple magical Great Falchion.

Leeya asks “Can we hold them off?”

“How many?” Grumbles Vander as he tries to split his attention to both doors leading in. “Open space. Two doors about thirty feet apart. Big one mixed in. It will be an excellent death.”

“How goes that door Mania ?!?” Calls out the dwarf.

“Thinking. I’m thinking.”

“Think harder” suggests Aura the Luminous Paladin of the Host

The main door shudders as something strikes it. There are many growls and snarls of anger after that. Then the other door is struck.

“Dura! Dura you have a crystal red rod in your pack. Can I borrow it?” Calls out Mania.

“How……?” She brings it over to him giving the alter plenty of space.

“This is just an idea……” Mania slides the rod into the hole and the door disappears.

“Everyone in!” Demands Dura.

Inside, once everyone is inside Mania slides the rod now into a red circle on their side and the red door reappears.

“Now what?” asks Mania as dozens of shifters and many strange looking Dire Animals crash through the doors.

Thankfully they either have no rod to open the door or do not know its use.

SIBERYS SEVEN
007 DARK CLAW CLAN
SEGMENT 076
“THE BIG ROOM”

Mania opens another doorway and himself in a very large room. Again, there are torches lit along the walls. Also in the room are four tall pillars.

“Wait up Mania- lets regroup.” Advises Aura. All seven enter the room and then Mania sets out to explore. Aura sighs quietly to herself. Aura then stiffens up. Evil. She is in the presence of evil.

“Uh-oh. That’s not good.” Comments Dura.

“What?” asks Leeya. “What is wrong?”

“Blood…..I smell blood.” Answers Mania (a Dhampir).

The group spread out slightly and move on. A door can be seen to the right. The room is 80x70. At the far side is a raised misshaped table with chains. Almost dried Blood is on the chains, the table and floor. Beyond that is an archway with a red light for a door. Fearing embarrassing himself, Mania goes to the doorway.

“Sacrifice. They sacrificed living creatures.” Says Aura looking down at it with hatred and discuss.

“I could prepare some spells for tomorrow to dispel some of the evil.” Offers Dura.

Incarnum watches the two woman ponders what could be done.

Vander and Bora quietly look around. If the alter is evil then what of the room? What of the Shifters? Were there any more?

Leeya walks up to Mania. “What do you think?”

“Its magical energy of some sort. I can see through it but its solid like a heavy door. There is no door handle or knockers. The closest thing to a door lock I can find is this hole.” And the rogue points at a hole with a red circle around it. The two stare at it in silence.

“Maaargh!” Loud and strong, something roars from the doorway to the side.

“Company” says Bora as she hefts her purple magical Great Falchion.

Leeya asks “Can we hold them off?”

“How many?” Grumbles Vander as he tries to split his attention to both doors leading in. “Open space. Two doors about thirty feet apart. Big one mixed in. It will be an excellent death.”

“How goes that door Mania ?!?” Calls out the dwarf.

“Thinking. I’m thinking.”

“Think harder” suggests Aura the Luminous Paladin of the Host

The main door shudders as something strikes it. There are many growls and snarls of anger after that. Then the other door is struck.

“Dura! Dura you have a crystal red rod in your pack. Can I borrow it?” Calls out Mania.

“How……?” She brings it over to him giving the alter plenty of space.

“This is just an idea……” Mania slides the rod into the hole and the door disappears.

“Everyone in!” Demands Dura.

Inside, once everyone is inside Mania slides the rod now into a red circle on their side and the red door reappears.

“Now what?” asks Mania as dozens of shifters and many strange looking Dire Animals crash through the doors.

Thankfully they either have no rod to open the door or do not know its use.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases