Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Patlin said:
They've now all done other things since charging, so a 16 will miss unless you're talking about something from last round.
Thanks. I'm talking about Charlarn's action for round 4, which I posted earlier. So I don't need to change the post. :)

Patlin

Explorer
Status
Charlarn (Bless) 7 damage
Zaeryl's Construct
Zaeryl (Bless, Inertial Armor)
B1 (Confused) 47 damage
B2 (Confused) 54 damage
B3 30 damage
B4 12 damage
B6 (Blind) 59 damage
Iggy (Bless)
Planus (Bless) 25 damage

Patlin

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
Thanks. I'm talking about Charlarn's action for round 4, which I posted earlier. So I don't need to change the post. :)

As the fates would have it, your target has become blind, which will give you an extra +2 on your attacks, giving you an extra hit. It seems highly likely that this will allow you to drop B6, but we'll need the damage rolls.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: B3 is still on a space with tentacles, right? Shouldn't they attempt to regrapple him on Iggy's turn, then? Let me know--it changes my action if they do so and succeed)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: B3 is still on a space with tentacles, right? Shouldn't they attempt to regrapple him on Iggy's turn, then? Let me know--it changes my action if they do so and succeed)

[sblock=Black Tentacles]This spell conjures a field of rubbery black tentacles, each 10 feet long. These waving members seem to spring forth from the earth, floor, or whatever surface is underfoot—including water. They grasp and entwine around creatures that enter the area, holding them fast and crushing them with great strength.

Every creature within the area of the spell must make a grapple check, opposed by the grapple check of the tentacles. Treat the tentacles attacking a particular target as a Large creature with a base attack bonus equal to your caster level and a Strength score of 19. Thus, its grapple check modifier is equal to your caster level +8. The tentacles are immune to all types of damage.

Once the tentacles grapple an opponent, they may make a grapple check each round on your turn to deal 1d6+4 points of bludgeoning damage. The tentacles continue to crush the opponent until the spell ends or the opponent escapes.

Any creature that enters the area of the spell is immediately attacked by the tentacles. Even creatures who aren’t grappling with the tentacles may move through the area at only half normal speed. [/sblock]

Nope, the tentacles only get another shot if he re-enters their area. Strangely, they don't automatically attack those who remain in their area once they have escaped.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
[sblock=Black Tentacles]This spell conjures a field of rubbery black tentacles, each 10 feet long. These waving members seem to spring forth from the earth, floor, or whatever surface is underfoot—including water. They grasp and entwine around creatures that enter the area, holding them fast and crushing them with great strength.

Every creature within the area of the spell must make a grapple check, opposed by the grapple check of the tentacles. Treat the tentacles attacking a particular target as a Large creature with a base attack bonus equal to your caster level and a Strength score of 19. Thus, its grapple check modifier is equal to your caster level +8. The tentacles are immune to all types of damage.

Once the tentacles grapple an opponent, they may make a grapple check each round on your turn to deal 1d6+4 points of bludgeoning damage. The tentacles continue to crush the opponent until the spell ends or the opponent escapes.

Any creature that enters the area of the spell is immediately attacked by the tentacles. Even creatures who aren’t grappling with the tentacles may move through the area at only half normal speed. [/sblock]

Nope, the tentacles only get another shot if he re-enters their area. Strangely, they don't automatically attack those who remain in their area once they have escaped.
(OOC: I always read 'Every creature within the area of the spell must make a grapple check, opposed by the grapple check of the tentacles.' as stating that they do automatically attack those who remain in the area after escaping. It isn't a big deal, though. Now I need to know if Charlarn kills B6. I may be away (or may not, unsure yet) later tonight--any chance you could roll the damage now?).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Splendid! Also, I notice that B3 has moved through the tentacles (not a five foot step therefore, since it costs 10 feet of movement) through the construct's threatened square last round to get to its current position. That provokes an Attack of Opportunity from the construct. Hit with a 31 for 16 Damage)

The Construct will charge to the square containing D7 and E8 and pounce, making a full attack on B4. This should also be just barely obstructing B3 from charging anything except the Construct itself (since the straight-line path to Charlarn is slightly blocked). Of course, this provokes an AoO from B3, but the construct doesn't care.

26, 20, and 24 should all hit for a total of 16 + 11 + 17 = 44 damage. Let me know if that all works out and I can post for Zaeryl himself too)

Remove ads