• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sigil, A Fresh Start

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Ah, yes, that's right Buck. Seems like I'm forgetting a lot of things today."

Self rides on the train to get to Steel Foot Monastery and at first seems peculiar about riding a large machine... after a while, though, he forgets about it as he watches the city out of the window. He and Hammer (I assume) spend some time at Steel Foot, listening to and seeing what the place has to offer, and Self eventually does fill out a form to join the place. Given the time, he will also go to the Seeker's Guild and Guide's Guild, but regardless makes his way to the Grand Bazaar. He walks idly along, looking at the wares of various merchants, stopping to pick up and perouse interesting merchandise. <These are the sorts of things people enjoy? What is the purpose of this red scarf? People seem to express themselves through oddities like these. How peculiar.>

Eventually, Self arrives at Goog's magic shop with the others. "Hello, Goog. Franklin informs me that you're in need of assistance?"

Legolizard

First Post
OOC: You all traveling together, that's why you have a guide. You would get lost if you didn't have a guide or ventured by your self. The guide guild isn't like the other guilds, you have had to live in the Sigil for awhile and know your way around to join it. They do have a Wildlife appreciation society, that's for druids and rangers.
When you do get to Goog's shop, it's closed and Franklin leads you through the back and down some stairs , you see the Beholder in his office, by his desk and drinking. levitating bottles and he wears a giant monocle over his large eye.

"Damn Goog I haven't ever seen you drink this bad, heck, I didn't know you had a son."
Franklin says

“No one knows I have a son, I'm so worried about him. He’s the only thing I have anymore, please franklin, find my son, the last I saw him, he was going to the Clerk's ward. He was interested in seeing some of old civic buildings and hoped to get some building material for his own home...” At this point, Goog starts crying uncontrollably, When you try to get more info on what is son looks like or is, he can only get out how beautiful his eyes are and how much “Brandon” loves the piano.

OOC: What guilds do for you and the role they play in my game.
Guilds offer goods and services to members at reduced prices and give you valuable links to get information and allies.
GM whys the give me good adventure hooks and enrich my story.

When it comes to asking help from other guild members, you must remember that there are levels of seniority in the guilds. The headmaster will not help you just because you say please, someone lower in the guild will have to help or have a good reason not to, equals can accept or denied requests but it’s usually in their best intreats to help you incase they need your help later.

Furthermore, some guilds have stricter acceptance then others. None of you guys can join the guides guild, for the fact that you don’t know Sigil like the back of your hand and the guild in it to make money and they need trained guides.

for more questions on guilds, please Emil me at Legolizard@juno.com

Jdvn1

Self looks a little lost in this situation, but realizes something has to be done. "Franklin, do a lot of beholders live in Sigil? It seems difficult to get any information out of Goog about Brandon -- I'd rather not go checking with every beholder in the city, if there are a lot. I suppose the first place to start looking is in the Civic buildings in the Clerk's Ward."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Things get stranger by the minute in this city. Not that I expected anything less. But here's an idea. If Brandon loved to play the piano, perhaps seeking out musicians would be a good idea. Well then, I'm off to the Seeker Guild to talk to Gee Sharp. We could find something out in a few hours," Hammer says thoughtfully. He'll head out towards the Seeker guild, once he's gotten directions.

OOC - Sooooo strange... :uhoh:

Jdvn1

OOC: ... Yeah. Y'know, he said everyone was travelling together. We should all be together all ready, right?

Legolizard

First Post
OOC: Yes, you are all together. And you guys do get three places were Brandon could be, all old ruins that were abandoned after the end of the guild wars. Franklin dosen't recomend to see any other Beholders, their crazy. Anyways please stick together, especially in a forum type game, everyone should stay together.

Legolizard

First Post
OOC: in case any of you guys are wundering, when two individuals of the same guild fight for whatever reason, other guild members will not usally help either to avoid making enemies in the guild.

silentspace

First Post
Northblade eyes Goog warily.

He did not know much about these strange creatures, though he had heard about them.

"Goog, can you provide more intel on your son and his activities, as well as any know enemies he or you may have?"

Ranger Rick

First Post
OOC: 1st. Due to PC issues & firewall issues. I can not change color unless I cut & paste from Word.

2nd. Silent space's post is at odds with Legolizard's. I assume we are currently visiting all 3 places. The interview with the kids dad is in the past. Did I interpet this wrong?

3rd. I realize that tracking a beholder is next to immpossible.

4th. I would like to have visited & joined the wildlife appreciation society. If not before the search, than after.
======================

OOC: Yes, you are all together. And you guys do get three places were Brandon could be, all old ruins that were abandoned after the end of the guild wars. Franklin dosen't recomend to see any other Beholders, their crazy. Anyways please stick together, especially in a forum type game, everyone should stay together.

At all three locations, I try to use spot (+13) & track (+13) to find any trace of any beholder. I also report my findings to the group.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
OOC:
2nd. Silent space's post is at odds with Legolizard's
ooc: how so? how are you interpreting legolizard's post differently than me? legolizard, could you please clarify?

edit: the only thing i can figure is maybe you think we have already left the beholder, since legolizard said you 'get' three places the kid could be at. i'm assuming we're not at three places at once, since he also said we should stick together? and since he hasn't described any specific place, i assumed he meant we 'know of' three places. but even if we are no longer at the beholder's place, i don't see what the problem is.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads