Sign the Petition for a 4 hour TTT!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
According to the online site, there is a petition drive on to urge New Line to accept and show Peter Jackson's 4 hour version of The Two Towers.
Apparently, Peter Jackson has considered 2 different 3 hour versions, and walked away from them.

I personally would support the 4 hour version, if that is what Peter Jackson wants ... I have a great deal of respect for this producer and his work.
I signed the petition.

If you are interested in signing the petition, or at least reading it, here is the URL:

http://www.dodgeandassociates.com/bqlotr/

Last edited:

Daniel Knight

First Post
Erm… guys just to let you know that I don’t think four hours of film is going to fit on the platter. I’m a projectionist, and I can tell you we had a hard enough time with Fellowship (and Apocalypse Now!) let alone something that’s four hours!

What this means is, that you will definitely get an interval if the feature runs for this length. It’s the only way we’ll be able to fit the damn thing on a plater and transport the bugger about the projection room.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Daniel Knight said:
Erm… guys just to let you know that I don’t think four hours of film is going to fit on the platter. I’m a projectionist, and I can tell you we had a hard enough time with Fellowship (and Apocalypse Now!) let alone something that’s four hours!

Ain't that the truth. I remember working in a theater back in the 80's, ansd we had Tess playing (Roman Polanski flic). It barely fit on the platter and actually slipped off the edge while running!

That was an incredible mess.

Anyway, can you provide a link to anything other than this that actually discusses the "rumored 4-hour cut"? I check out TheOneRing.net every day, and this is the first I've heard of this. I just want to make sure there's something actually there to protest.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Signed and numbered (on the list that is). :)

I'd love it to be as long as Peter Jackson thinks it needs to be. And if it is 4+ hours long then I'd hope for a 20 min intermission, it'd give people enough time to hit the restrooms and the concession stand again (which the theater manager would love since that is where they really make their money).

Also got one of my friends to sign too.

Last edited:

Remove ads