• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Signature Problem

Matthew_

First Post
I cannot seem to get my signature to show up. It looks like this:

It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

Any ideas?

[Edit]
I'm so dumb. It's in black of course... hah hah.

Oh well, problem solved.

Thanks.

(How/can do I delete Posts/Threads?)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Not to worry! And nice quote. Welcome to the boards.

Note that your sig only shows up once per page.

You can't delete your own posts or threads, but you can always empty them to be free of text other than "please delete". If a mod sees it (or if you report the post, using the ! button in the bottom left hand corner of every post) they'll remove it for you.

Matthew_

First Post
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the full quotation is even better, but it's a bit lengthy to use as a signature, so I settled on the opening remark.

One other thing. I have been trying to upload an image for use as my Avatar, but it is apparently the wrong File Type. I have tried renaming the file with various different extensions, but without success.

Is there a guide to uploading Avatars hereabouts?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hmm. Any gif or jpg should be fine. Is it too large? We max out at 64 x 64 pixels.

If you need to, attach it to a post (Post Reply --> manage attachments --> upload) and I'll take a look.

Matthew_

First Post
Right. No, it is 64x64, I think.

This is the message I get: "The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again."

Solved it, I think.

Attachments

• Dungeons & Dragons 04.bmp
    12.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Matthew_

First Post
Thanks Darkness. I actually solved the issue moments before you posted. Apparently, the files weren't converting properly. Thanks again for your effort, though.

Matthew_

First Post
Here's the full passage for your reading (and yoinking) pleasure:

It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between. Not that one desires a companion who will sit opposite and never utter a word in contradiction – one might as well be alone. Far better in hours of loneliness the company of one who, while he will listen with respect to your views, will disagree a little, and argue, saying “ Yes, that is so, but...,” or “For this reason such and such is the case.”
And yet, with those who are not of the same way of thinking or are contentious, a man can only discuss things of passing interest, for the truth is that there must not be any wide gulf between bosom friends.

Mycanid

First Post
Matthew_ said:
Here's the full passage for your reading (and yoinking) pleasure:

It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between. Not that one desires a companion who will sit opposite and never utter a word in contradiction – one might as well be alone. Far better in hours of loneliness the company of one who, while he will listen with respect to your views, will disagree a little, and argue, saying “ Yes, that is so, but...,” or “For this reason such and such is the case.”
And yet, with those who are not of the same way of thinking or are contentious, a man can only discuss things of passing interest, for the truth is that there must not be any wide gulf between bosom friends.

Thank you very much indeed sir. :)

Remove ads