• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silver Bullets Chapter 1:L'Arruolamento

reveal

Adventurer
Imerak said:
"You seem awfully suspicious," the man says, amused. "As for why we want you? We pride ourselves on having a multitude of answers available...we think that your field would be worthwhile to have an expert in. You seemed to be the most eligible candidate."

"Why wouldn't I be suspicious? You show up here, in the middle of the night, asking me to join a merc organization because I have the 'skills' you require. It's not like I get that every day; usually just on Tuesdays."

James smiles wryly. "So what field do you need an expert in? I have many expertises and am familiar with many types of sciences, arts, history, etc. I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to know exactly what I'm getting myself in to."

DrZombie

First Post
Imerak said:
Jean-Jacque

The man shrugs. "Trust me, this job would pay much more then any of your customers probably do. True, there is some danger, but if you're as good as you're supposed to be you should live. As for your equipment, we do have some gear you could use at our headquarters."
"Allright, be a bit more specific about the payment, the work and the gear I gotta work with, then we might have a deal"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Roger shakes the man's hand and says "I'll be there as soon as possible." He says his goodbyes to his mother, and makes his way home.

When he arrives he tells his father "I'm feeling restless, and need to find mysyelf, after what the goverment did. I think I'll travel europe a bit. I'll send you an address when I get settled, meanwhile you have my email address."

He then logs on the net and books a first class ticket to Rome, on his credit card. ~Hey I'm not paying, might as well get the best.~ He then packs his bags and catches a nap before catching his flight.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Imerak said:
Andrew finds some simple location protection, but he easily gets past it. The sender's location seems to be in Rome, Italy.

sbullets@freeserv.net said:
I know your rates, and I'm willing to meet them. You may be in some danger, though. You interested?
Rome? Cool, I'm really getting know world-wide now! Andrew grins to himself.

Prestud said:
Sure, danger's my middle name! j/k I'm interested, but I need to know more. How/what/where/when? What danger?

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
Jean-Jacque

"Well, I can't really tell you much about payment," the stranger says. "Although most of our clients pay fairly well. As for the work, you'll probably be used as a getaway driver or repairman, though you may have to be in combat some times. I don't know precisely what tools we have, but we should have the basic stuff."

Roger

Roger has a high enough Wealth bonus to afford a first-class ticket which he is being reimbursed for

Roger's flight is scheduled to leave the next day at 2:00 pm. He says his goodbyes, packs his stuff, and heads to the airport. He gets checked over, and sits down in the lounge, waiting for his plane to arrive.

I think we'll stop here for a moment just so that everyone can catch up in time

Andrew

A message comes back after a minute.

You'll probably be doing hacking and stuff, mostly. depends on what the client wants. We're kind of mercenary. We're located in Rome, and if you take it you should come asap. You probably won't be in too much danger, but once again, it depends on the job.

Jarval

Explorer
Imerak said:
A message comes back after a minute.

You'll probably be doing hacking and stuff, mostly. depends on what the client wants. We're kind of mercenary. We're located in Rome, and if you take it you should come asap. You probably won't be in too much danger, but once again, it depends on the job.

Prestud said:
OK, Rome sounds cool. You paying to get me out there?

Andrew quickly types the reply, already mentally packing his bag. Just out of curiosity, he types "S? bullets mercenary" into a few search engines and one or two less freely available sites...

Last edited:

Awakened

First Post
Imerak said:
Jean-Jacque

Cyrus

"Trust me, this is the real deal," the stranger says. "You can start as soon as you want." He pauses, and scribbles down an adress on a nearby notepad. "Contact me at this location. Any other questions?"

Cyrus takes the cigarette out of his mouth and rips the page out of the notepad. He examines the strange man's handwriting and looks up to see the man waiting for a response. "Oh. No, no more questions. Thanks." He paces back to the cellar window, blowing a cloud of cigar smoke in his wake. As Cyrus gazes out of the window, he considers his future once more, wonderinbg if he'll be able to piece together the past. Lost in thought, Cyrus turns back around to see the mysterious man.

DrZombie

First Post
Imerak said:
Jean-Jacque

"Well, I can't really tell you much about payment," the stranger says. "Although most of our clients pay fairly well. As for the work, you'll probably be used as a getaway driver or repairman, though you may have to be in combat some times. I don't know precisely what tools we have, but we should have the basic stuff."
Allright, but the gear and cars I need come off the expenses, not my paycheck. Deal?

Imerak

First Post
Andrew

Andrew finds a few news articles about "Silver Bullet mercenaries" and also a few sites about the general mercenary business which mention them.

We'll reimburse you when you get there.

The message also includes an adress in Rome.

Cyrus

The man's handwriting seems plain, but the letters are somewhat thick. When Cyrus turns around to look for the man, he's gone.

Jean-Jacque

"That can be arranged," the man says. "I think we've got a deal."

Awakened

First Post
Imerak said:
Cyrus

The man's handwriting seems plain, but the letters are somewhat thick. When Cyrus turns around to look for the man, he's gone.

Cyrus is shocked as he realizes the man disappeared so quickly and quietly. Sneaky little bastard Cyrus thinks as he once again looks over the note. After concluding that he'll ask for directions from his previous employer in the morning, Cyrus crinkles the note in his hand and collapses on the couch. He puts his cigarette out on the arm of the thing. He puts a pillow over his face and hopes to catch some shut-eye.
If another scary ************ is standing over me when I wake up, he's a dead man.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads