• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Silverthorne] Book of Templates 3.5 PDF - Available Now!!

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm curious to see Alan's take on it. Perhaps because it was first, I enjoyed it a touch more than I did Green Ronin's book (although I think that has some great art and layout) so his review will be most interesting to read.

Psion

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
I'm curious to see Alan's take on it. Perhaps because it was first, I enjoyed it a touch more than I did Green Ronin's book (although I think that has some great art and layout) so his review will be most interesting to read.

I don't know if you ever read any of my threads in the rogues gallery, but I got a fair bit of usage out of the original version. It was that book that made me less shy about stacking 3,4,5 templates on to make a unique concept. :D

I met Frilf and his wife ( I assume ;) ) at GenCon, and both book and author are very cool.

Frilf

Explorer
Yes, that lady was my wife :D

I'm glad I got to meet Psion, Crothian, Buttercup, and the rest of the EN World crew that was at the Con (please forgive me if I forgot someone!)

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
JoeGKushner said:

Which Alan? :)

I got the original version in PDf, because Frilf liked what I did with some templated kobolds. Over all I liked what I saw, largely because of the quality of the writing and the presentation. The advice at the back of the book regarding using templates to create new monsters was excellent. I haven't seen the new edition yet, but if it continues the tradition established by the first I would have to recommend it.

A savage, celestial, vampire kobold anyone? :lol:

Frilf

Explorer
Unfortunately, the appendix on stacking multiple templates has been removed from the final product due to space and other considerations. However, I believe it will be available as a Web Enhancement in the immediate future, so the material will still "be there" with no extra charge :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads