D&D 5E Simic Hybrids Outside of Ravnica

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Simic Hybrids could fit very well in FR in Thay given all the magical experimentation they have a history with from creating darkenbeasts and stuff.

I wish Simics could be any animal. I mean, I can always fluff them that way, but all the good Simic art is sea-creature based.
That's because of their association with Blue magic in MtG. But you don't need to be bound by art that is labelled that way, it's clear they could look like pretty much anything, from a normal member of the base species, to an anthropomorphic flying squirrel.

Last edited:

For animal types other than sea creatures, I feel that insects might fit closely to some of the flavour for the Simic Hybrids depicted. Wings of a fly, spider arms, mantis claws, and those sorts of things.

jgsugden

Legend
If you do not have a specific idea that uses them, don't introduce them.

If a player wants to play one, ask them what lore they like. This gives the players the most opportunity to make an impact on your world and get invested in the lore.

I don't have the new Ravenloft book yet, but going by the TOC it looks like it's "Island of Doctor Moreau" domain Markovia, is still around.

I suspect Doctor Markov is still up to his old tricks, and probably would be the one behind creating such Hybrids in Ravenloft.

I don't have the new Ravenloft book yet, but going by the TOC it looks like it's "Island of Doctor Moreau" domain Markovia, is still around.

I suspect Doctor Markov is still up to his old tricks, and probably would be the one behind creating such Hybrids in Ravenloft.
Yep, it only gets a short entry, but it is there, and simic hybrids would work fine for a PC who was an escaped experiment of Doctor Markov.

I'm thinking of turning it into a "hybrid lineage" for my Ravenloft campaign. Just giving if floating ASIs and the option to be small.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases