DDAL Simple CANON question

Insulting other members
Paul, Way, please let me know the case:

1) You have serious trouble to answer a simple question because you are unable to understand it
2) My english is too poor to let you understand the question
3) You are unable to resist to the temptation to answer something, even if you don't know the precise answer to the question
4) You don't know the precise answer to the question, but you feel stupid if you don't have something to answer, so you answer some unrelevant clarification
5) You want to perform your crusade against the CANON concept answering with an unrequested value judgement trying to evangelize me with your unrequested opinion about CANON
6) mere trolling

I'm curious because everytime I see new replies to the thread I jump to see if somebody has answered to my question and seeing something completely out of the question upset me.

Thanks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Paul, Way, please let me know the case:

1) You have serious trouble to answer a simple question because you are unable to understand it
2) My english is too poor to let you understand the question
3) You are unable to resist to the temptation to answer something, even if you don't know the precise answer to the question
4) You don't know the precise answer to the question, but you feel stupid if you don't have something to answer, so you answer some unrelevant clarification
5) You want to perform your crusade against the CANON concept answering with an unrequested value judgement trying to evangelize me with your unrequested opinion about CANON
6) mere trolling

I'm curious because everytime I see new replies to the thread I jump to see if somebody has answered to my question and seeing something completely out of the question upset me.

Thanks.
The barrage of insults is not necessary.

pogre

Legend
Does the Adventure League material considered CANON material?

Without exception?

Thanks
No. Most of it is not. Much of the backgrounds and even locations in the various AL modules are downright conflicting.

The following is my opinion:
I don't think WOTC gets very concerned about official setting canon these days.

jasper

Rotten DM
Does the Adventure League material considered CANON material?
Without exception?
Thanks
This is difficult to answer. As I have played in modules where some of canon do not seem in sync with what I know. Example one the season 8 modules had a human vampire thrall living for a couple of hundred years. I think the module writers were just given a list of npc names and write ups and told to include them in the module.
Can you be a little more specific?

Can you be a little more specific?

Somewhere (I don't rememeber where and when), I've read that books with plots, location etc. used in AL are canon in regard to, for instance, Forgotten Realms world. Maybe Candlekeep is the best forum to ask... don't know. I was wondering if the admission to AL of a book implies its adherence with canon and can be used to build canon above, differently from generic DMS GUILD material that is the equivalent of homebrew.

My question arise from my need to collect anything that could be considered canon in regards to FR.

Remove ads