DDAL Simple CANON question

jgsugden

Legend
WotC has vast files on what takes place in books, modules, source books, boxed sets, etc... It is unmanageably large, and they do not provide it to everyone writing for the Forgotten Realms or other settings. As a result, there is a lot of inconsistency.

However, this does not matter much to most DMs and players as their versions of the Forgotten Realms diverge from the source books in meaningful ways. My version of the Realms began in 1988 and never featured a Time of Troubles or Spellplague. 65 years in game time have taken place since those first adventures in Cormyr, and my FR is so different from the published FR that anything I'd take from newly relased product needs to be massively modified to work in my setting. For example, my Waterdeep was destroyed entirely before 1990 by the Cult of the Dragon and a 300 Foot Dracolich. As such, Dragonheist would not really work for my setting.

Don't worry too much about that. Some day WotC will publish an event about a multiverse infinite secrete crysis war and then the time spheres, uchronies and parallele worlds will be canon, even a Dragonlance where Riverwind is a barbarian and not a ranger, and Goldmoon a favored soul(divine-spellcaster sorcerer).

Don't worry too much about that. Some day WotC will publish an event about a multiverse infinite secrete crysis war and then the time spheres, uchronies and parallele worlds will be canon, even a Dragonlance where Riverwind is a barbarian and not a ranger, and Goldmoon a favored soul(divine-spellcaster sorcerer).
Unfortunately, for a collector even these inconsistencies are interesting material.:p

jasper

Rotten DM
Unfortunately, for a collector even these inconsistencies are interesting material.:p
Oh oh okay. Okay then. I thought you were looking at as DM needing to know the necessary lore. As friend to the local gaming store. I say buy everything since you are a nice person who wants the complete collection.

Coroc

Hero

Well, technically she is a level x Commoner, but her blue crystal staff is a divine soul sorcerer, so you are not to far off.
Tbh. Tanis should eventually be a spell -less ranger, otoh to me he seems like a reincarnation of Aragorn sometimes.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
AL is not canon, and the adventures are not consistent with each other.

Example: playing a campaign based on the Tyranny of Dragons season. Four times we have travelled from the "home base" city up the one river, and in no adventure do we pass the buildings or docks - or fortified tower or huge swamp - that are in the other adventures.

The 5e canon is what you collect, can reconcile with each other, and want to use.

Remove ads