D&D 4E Simple Poll - How do you feel about 4E Right Now?

How do you rate 4E based on what we know at this time?

• Thumbs up?

Votes: 346 67.7%
  • Thumbs down?

Votes: 165 32.3%

awayfarer

First Post
I didn't vote. Nothing I've heard about 4E bowls me over or makes me cringe. I'll probably adopt it at some point in the future when its difficult to find someone running 3.5.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
davethegame said:
Having new players in my current 3.5 game, and realizing just how much simpler 4e is going to be, thumbs up all the way.

That's a big point. I've spent a lot of my 3e time with some very good, mechanics-savvy players, so it hasn't been a problem. But lately I've been spending some quality D&D time with some less mechanics-savvy players (great roleplayers, though), and I see the bits they struggle with.

Cheers!

Zurai

First Post
The only issue I have so far is the change of the skill system. I'm willing to give that a very brief look (since they've said it's D&D-ized from the SAGA system) before I houserule it away. Everything else, ruleswise, looks awesome. Fluff changes I don't really care one way or the other about as it pertains to liking the new edition.

Reynard

Legend
davethegame said:
Having new players in my current 3.5 game, and realizing just how much simpler 4e is going to be, thumbs up all the way.

Well, have we actually seen anything that suggests it will actually be any easier? As far as I know, we haven't seen a single specific statblock or concrete mechanic yet, right? There's been lots of promised, followed by descriptions of Dragons and Death Knights with varied powers, not to mention layering on new types of abilities and mechanics ofr even the simplest of classes like the fighter.

I think it may be worth holding off giving a thumbs up over ease of play whne the only examples of play we have are blog playtest reports.

Lurks-no-More

First Post
Thumbs up, based on what I've seen so far.

I reserve the right to change my opinion when I get more information, and will give my final opinion only after seeing the finished game (and preferably testing it at least a couple of times).

Jhaelen

First Post
Well, thumb's up for now.

However, considering what we really KNOW about 4E right now, the poll is really about a slightly different question:
'Do you trust WotC Design & Development to get 4E right?'

I'm pretty sure 4E will include enough improvements over 3.5E that I'll eventually switch over.

Wombat

First Post
While I'm not really excited about 4e (which I think will be to 3e what 2nd AD&D was to 1st AD&D -- minor variations, no "sea change" like the switch from 2nd AD&D to 3e), I think that taking the pulse at this time is rather pointless -- we know almost nothing about the game, nothing has been published, and a lot of people are in the "I'd Rather Fight Than Switch" mode, all of which will calm down once the books start coming out and the new shiny thing is available.

These threads all sound pretty much like the buzz prior to 3e -- anger, frustration, hope, excitement, many people claiming they will never change systems, most doing so within a year.

Deja vu all over again... ;)

Remove ads