D&D 4E Simple Poll - How do you feel about 4E Right Now?

How do you rate 4E based on what we know at this time?

• Thumbs up?

Votes: 346 67.7%
  • Thumbs down?

Votes: 165 32.3%

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
thumbs-up.jpg

Khairn

First Post
I haven't seen anything yet that deals with any of the issues that my group have, nor anything in the new changes that we find interesting. We are seeing a lot of things that WotC seems to be changing simply for the sake of change. All in all, we are underwhelmed.

Thumb down.

dren

First Post
Thumbs down just cause I can't get excited about it. Maybe when I read the rules in depth, I might have a differing opinion, but right now, I care so little that I would rather stick to what I do know. I do wish them good luck and hope that it's good for the hobby in general, regardless of what I feel or what my future purchases may or may not be in general.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Didn't vote because I didn't see an option I like.

I think they really need to shut up about the fluff or background or the base assumptions of the campaign and really start to focus on what makes the 4e engine a great engine.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Thumbs up. It seems to be lowering the learning curve and time investiture requirements (where prep is concerned), both things that make the game more accessible for hobby newcomers and old hands with families and/or day jobs. These are both very, very, good things and, for me, the most attractive features of 4e so far revealed.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Didn't vote because I didn't see an option I like.

I think they really need to shut up about the fluff or background or the base assumptions of the campaign and really start to focus on what makes the 4e engine a great engine.
I'd like to see that too, but I doubt we'll see much of it till we get closer to the release date. So far we've heard ideas and intentions, I want hard numbers.

I couldn't care either way about the fluff, seems D&D to me (but my group has never been much into plane hoping and always homebrews settings so...)

danbuter1

First Post
In general, I like what I hear. However, there are definately some things that WotC is doing that I really don't care for.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Frukathka said:
The poll needs another option: Thumb to the side

That would be me.

I decided not to include a neutral option because I started the poll to see what a potential EN World market split would be like. We would be unable to tell with a neutral option. (And I have a feeling that neutral would be a popular choice since we have such limited info at this time.)

Of course, running this poll once the preview books are out will be more definitive.

Remove ads