D&D 4E Simple Poll - How do you feel about 4E Right Now?

How do you rate 4E based on what we know at this time?

• Thumbs up?

Votes: 346 67.7%
  • Thumbs down?

Votes: 165 32.3%

mara

First Post
Thumbs up. While I like 3.5 better than previous editions of D&D, my group and I have gotten annoyed with certain parts of it. Thankfully, the parts that annoy us are undergoing change and I like the previews that I've seen so far. The changes to FR aren't that different from what we usually want to do to it, so no complaints there. Of course, it will be awhile before I'm back in the States to actually buy the thing, so I'll have plenty of time to read playtest reports. I hope that the actual product lives up to expectations.

Samnell

Explorer
3e is very nearly the perfect game for my tastes, and yes I mean that at high levels too. As what of 4e we've seen already represents major design and philosophical changes that must be either marketing hype or direct rejections of the 3.x paradigm, I have virtually no interest in 4e. The number of things I've heard about it that I powerfully hate is far greater than the number of things I am neutral to slightly positive about. I have yet to encounter an actual piece of 4e information that really excited me, and that's even considering that:

1) I have no investment whatsoever in the Great Wheel. I find it tiresome.
2) I see most fluff changes as essentially meaningless, since they take no effort to ignore.

The dislike arises mostly from specific mechanics changes which simply are not to my taste.

Odhanan

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
Based ONLY on what we know so far - how do you rate 4E?

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

(And yes, I have intentionally left off a "neutral" option. If you're on the fence, pick the way you're leaning.)

4E, the SYSTEM, ITSELF? Thumbs up.

Everything around it? (DI, Dragon, Virtual tabletop...)? Thumbs down.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Thumbs up, but only because you are forcing a "no neutral response". Honestly, it's another game I'll buy - like most other RPGs on the market.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
HellHound said:
Thumbs up, but only because you are forcing a "no neutral response". Honestly, it's another game I'll buy - like most other RPGs on the market.

Presuming the first three don't completely suck, will you be buying the "core" rules each year? PHB2, DMG2, PHB3, DMG3, etc.?

Remove ads