Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Turning Undead, shouldn't turning undead inflict the fear effect which causes the undead to only move away from the turner? :)

(EDIT: too many posts in a row) Should the adventure now be level 3?

Hi, me again, with yet another question about monsters ;-)

Almost -all- of them have skills that work out to be like this -

Skill +xd6 (yd6) where x +3 = y in D6s

Makes sense so far. But there’s a few that don’t. For example -

Archmage
Knowledge +2d6 (6d6)
Resolve +1d6 (5d6)

Barbarian
Fighting +1d6 (5d6)

Cleric
Medicine +1d6 (5d6)

Warg
Fighting +1d6 (5d6)

So my question is, are there some invisible bonuses at play here, or are those in error?

Thanks!

I'm curious how you would actually run combat. I'm probably over thinking it (I'm good at that) but there is an advantage to declaring what you are doing first. For example if two combatants are one move apart and are both melee combatants, the one who decides to close the distance loses nothing. The one who decides to wait for the other to arrive essentially does nothing that round.

(Sidebar: which phase does the Knight's charge take place, 2 or 5?)

But at the table, does the Judge say "Phase 1. Is anyone launching a missile?" Resolve that. "Phase 2. Is anyone striking anyone nearby?" Resolve that. etc. Or do you go around the table and ask "What are you going to do?" The first version is more tedious (and perhaps less fun although it could be reduced to "Missiles?" "Melee?" "Magic?" "Misc?" "Move?" (The five Ms of combat)). The second version is less far to whomever is asked first since the others can react to their action.

No recommendation here. Just thinking out loud, so to type.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm curious how you would actually run combat. I'm probably over thinking it (I'm good at that) but there is an advantage to declaring what you are doing first. For example if two combatants are one move apart and are both melee combatants, the one who decides to close the distance loses nothing. The one who decides to wait for the other to arrive essentially does nothing that round.

That is a good point; I think I'll have to bite the bullet and give everybody Charge! for free. The knight will need something shiny to replace it.

But at the table, does the Judge say "Phase 1. Is anyone launching a missile?" Resolve that. "Phase 2. Is anyone striking anyone nearby?" Resolve that. etc. Or do you go around the table and ask "What are you going to do?" The first version is more tedious (and perhaps less fun although it could be reduced to "Missiles?" "Melee?" "Magic?" "Misc?" "Move?" (The five Ms of combat)). The second version is less far to whomever is asked first since the others can react to their action.

First one; and, like you said, you don't recite the whole sentence each time. I've played a few games which have a game sequence like that, and they work well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can a PC opt to take a special ability (like backstab, heal, etc) in lieu of a D6 when leveling up?

I've been thinking about that, and I am attracted to the idea. I think I might include it as an "Advanced Rules" appendix with a list of a dozen or so abilities in a later update. A PC ability won't necessarily be the same as monsters (breathing fire, etc.) but a lot of them will.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases