Single-nation Fantasy settings?

Voadam

Legend
Eberron had Galifar, a continent spanning Kingdom that fell apart in the last war but they have a supplement for The War if you wanted to run things when it was still one kingdom with a succession crisis before it became five different big kingdoms and a bunch of different ones. Eberron still has other continents with their own things though.

Voadam

Legend
That might work. Can you recommend the book with the best setting information? I will not be using the system.
I would think Exalted 3e's The Realm should have good geographic and socio-political stuff and be most relevant for your angle. I have not read it so I don't know how good a setting descriptor it is on its own without the corebook.

Exalted is a setting with a big central empire but also lots of surrounding areas that are outside of the empire and often in conflict with it. The 2e Compass of Terrestrial directions books would probably cover those outside areas best. 2e's Compass of Celestial Directions series is basically the planar sourcebooks but the first is the Blessed Isle which covers the heart of the Empire at the center of the physical world and I would think a great sourcebook for the Scarlet Empire.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Blades in the Dark is set entirely in a single city, if that fits the bill. I guess technically so does Planescape.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Waaaay back TSR produced a product that just was a single kingdom, that was history, social structure, cities and such. Wish I could remember what they were called, Gazette of ..... they could be used stand-alone are used to build a world.

What is Ravnica?
Specifically on this setting the entire world is covered by a single high magic metropolis. There are urban forests and subterranean oceans and such, but it's all one city ruled over by various magical guilds. The guilds take the place of nations, and they have territories, rivals, alliances, battles, etc, but each one fulfills a specific function in the global bureaucracy.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) - a Japan analog as an archipelago of islands with an emphasis on authenticity as a goal regarding Japanese culture, religion, social caste, with an emphasis on the Japanese ghost story tradition. Gamemaster's Guide, Player's Guide, 3 race/class guides (kappa, henge, tengu), 2 class/faction guides (samurai and yakuza), a haunts guide, 3 full adventure modules intro series, and 4 one-shot modules.

Remove ads