• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Single women gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Have her invite some of her friends to game with.

Anyone she might think would be interested in playing? It'll probably be less intimidating if she has some "back up" besides her current squeeze.

Dragongirl

First Post
Anime.......poor Boothbey tries to get me to watch anime and I just plain don't like it.

LadyofDragons....very nice pictures, you look like a very sweet lady. I have never gone to any faires but if I did, think I would prefer something more like what Tina Turner wore in Mad Max III. :D

DrydenT

First Post
Wow, i really found this thread way too late. Good thread though, heck of a read.

My testimony is sadly on the deficient side. I've only table-top gamed with 5 different females. The first was a casual gamer until she married a heavy gamer, and she didn't want to lose him for those 6-12 hours every Saturday. She dragged in a friend of hers who was there mostly for support and didn't really like the game or gaming. The third was my current sweetie who joined in mostly to spend more time with me, and found that she really really liked the whole cooperative storytelling side of things. She's now one of the best DMs i've ever played with. The last two were just some friends who i dragged into a short-lived Changeling game after trying an even shorter-lived D&D game. They really enjoyed Changeling, but the game sadly didn't continue.
I've LARPed with an unknown number of females, once, and will again in a week or so. Everything there seemed exceedingly natural on all accounts, and there was no akwardness or bashfulness or flirting as everybody was pretty much in character or at least paying attention to the game the entire night. 40 person LARPing rocks!

But what's the point? Well, i've met few SFG, but from those i have met and who seem to have really loved the storytelling and interactive imagination sides of things. I'm not trying to encourage stereotypes here, it's just what i've seen. Imagination games like Changeling have completely won over SFNon-Gamers who had tried dice-based games like D&D. May just be a trend among my friends though. Oh, and i have a great quote from my sweetie while i was trying to get her to try DC Heroclix with me. "What's the big deal? It's just a big game of math."

blackshirt5 said:
Getting her into anime, any suggestions for one's to get her to watch?
Any suggestions for getting her to game?

Anime - Second vote for Vampire Hunter D, and a general vote for Vision of Escaflowne (the series, not the movie). It's one of the best anime series i've ever seen that was almost equally liked by male and female.

Gaming - If she's never gamed before, start with something as simple as a board game and encourage everybody to just really get into the game for silliness's sake. IE: Play Zombies and yell at the little plastic guys as they Just Won't DIE!!!! Or something with a bit more of a storytelling bent, like Nanofictionary. If you want to jump straight into D&D, make up a character with a full on character sheet, glossing over things like BAB, Saves and AC. Play through a complete evening of role-playing not once picking up dice. Plan a story where you won't need them. If you want skill checks to take place, assume taking 10 in all cases. Role-playing. It's good stuff. If she digs that, then move on to the standard stuff.

Dry

boothbey

First Post
Dragongirl said:
Anime.......poor Boothbey tries to get me to watch anime and I just plain don't like it.

Anime...If I could get Dragongirl into Anime that would just make her too damn perfect...

Last edited:

LcKedovan

Explorer
Horacio said:

I'm sorry to hear that...

How many liters of beer yesterday, Will? ;)

Well, only 3 litres, but it was the guy who smuggled in the home made schnapps that did me in... that and going to my favourite bar afterwards till 5am :O.

SupaFreak

First Post
I've had three females in my gaming groups. one was always attatched to one particular guy (getting married soon), one was attatched to someone outside the game, then me, then someone else again..(sigh...), another who got attatched to a guy in a gaming group, and a third who was attatched when she played, broke up with the guy, and is now with another non gamer. They've all been good role players, and are good in character.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Only 3 liters of beer?!

What about those three liters of Schnaaps!

--Probably dying when this gets legal for him: Kamikaze Midget

P.S.: Pushes Dragongirl off her pedastal

Guys, she's just a woman. She's like you, but pretty. Get over it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads