Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Phoenix8008

Visitor
Phoenix- F Elan Soulknfie 4 (Current AC: 12, HP: 40/40, PP: 6/6)

Phoenix hands over the sunrod to Rowan before speaking, "Okay, you go down first Rowan, then we'll tie a rope to it and lower the raft down so you can grab it and hold it steady. Then I'll climb down and finally Lookspring will come down with you and I to hold the raft in place under him when he reaches bottom. This all assumes that the water is low enough for us to still stand on the bottom and have our heads above the water. It was that low when I last climbed out, but the water had just been released then so I don't know for sure what it will be like now. Otherwise, we're gonna be swimming for a bit." she finishes.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
Rowan smiles gallantly. Here he is again. Lowering himself into a black pit w/little idea what to expect, and not even wearing his armor. He leaves his guisarme on top with the raft, just securing his heavy flail to his belt.

"If I never see you again alive..." he smiles, and continues softly to Phoenix, "it's been fun." He takes the sunrod between his teeth, and slips over the edge.
 

BigB

Visitor
Rowan slips over the edge and out of sight of the others. The wooden well provides many handholds, an easy climb down to the water which Rowan finds cool and refreshing, about 4' deep. There is a tunnel leading out of the well to the south.

No other activity noticed.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
"Should have developed a code." Rowan mutters, hating to make a lot of noise. But seeing no choice now, he cups his hands around his mouth and shouts upwards. "Lower the raft! Then follow!"
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
Phoenix helps to hoist the raft up onto the well, and after checking that the ropes are tightly secured, tips it over the edge and into the well itself to lower down to Rowan. Once he has it safely down on the water, she grabs the rope herself and begins climbing down the dark shaft once more. She knows she's near the bottom when she starts seeing shadows from the sunrod Rowan is holding. Suddenly she pictures things from another perspective...below herself...where her short skirt must be covering very little even before the light Rowan holds dispelled any hope of shadows to hide in. Realizing that she had stopped moving while picturing the scene, Phoenix blushes before finishing the climb downwards. Then her legs finally slip into the freezing cold water and she gasps in shock as all else is forgotten for a moment. Though her backside is now hidden beneath the water, she quickly realizes from Rowan's stare that her front side is now advertising the coldness of the water for her. 'How can I feel so hot on the inside while standing here chest deep in this freezing water?' she wonders to herself before breaking away from looking at Rowan.

Yelling back up the well herself this time she shouts "Lookspring! Come on down, we'll hold the raft still for you to get in once you make it down here!"
 
Lookspring scrambles nimbly down the rope into the well, reassured by the lack of screams that nothing lurks below. When he reaches the bottom and the air becomes unpleasantly dank he begins to have second thoughts. However, he is unwilling to turn back with the other two watching him closely. He clings tenaciously to the rope while he taps the raft with one foot to test the stability. When both feet and a hand are secured to the corners of the raft, his one free arm still twists around behind him with a death grip on the rope. With a visible effort of will, he releases the rope and with a rapid move grabs at the raft causing it to buck with the sudden motion. He lies spreadeagled across the surface for a moment, oblivious to the ridiculous sight.
After a moment he raises his head and though the look on his face is still one of fear, his voice is steady. "Okay... Okay lets go. The sooner we find dry land the better."



OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'll have the snake follow about 10' behind us.
[/SBLOCK]
 

BigB

Visitor
The climb down is relatively easy for all, even if a bit embarrassing for Phoenix and frightening for Lookspring.

You move along the tunnel about 20' and it opens into a larger chamber (60'x30') with the tunnel continuing out the east side (this is where Phoenix and Lookspring encountered skeletons and zombies before) The floor is flooded with water 4' deep the same as before continuing along the west route you come to another opening where Phoenix and Lookspring encountered dwarf miners and found some gold further on is the location the dam had been. To the north and south are dry tunnels. The one to the north seems undisturbed since Phoenix and Lookspring were last there. The tunnel to the south has wet footprints easily seen by Phoenix and Rowan. The underground river flows north to south, the way you came was an offshoot of the river so crossing the river will require a balance check by Lookspring and swim checks for Phoenix and Rowan. The dry tunnel to the south is the direction where the scrolls were found after defeating the dwarf cleric also ;) .

The dam has completely been washed away.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
Seeing the wet footprints, Phoenix signals silently to the others to to stay quiet. She does her best to swim across the current of the river and then to climb up onto the dry land. But trying to swim as well as keep the raft stable proves more difficult than she expected and she gets pushed under the surface.

OOC: Swim check (1d20+3=4)
Here are some more swim checks that will hopefully allow her to get to shore:
Multiple swim checks to get to shore. (1d20+3=19, 1d20+3=11, 1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=11)

Assuming she makes it, she climbs out of the water as quietly as possible and quickly does what she can to help anyone else to shore that might need it. After that, she opens her bag of holding and starts pulling out the armor to put back on as quietly as possible.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
Rowan is uncharacteristicly polite. When he notices Phoenix's awkward position, he shifts his gaze downward, and pretends not to notice anything amiss.

Rowan allows the others to take the lead here, as they know the territory better. If Phoenix can swim across safely, Rowan will follow. First he'll tie one end of his rope to the raft, and tie the other end around his waist. "I'll pull you over as soon as I get there," he says to Lookspring.

He doesn't have much luck with his swim either (1+6=7). He does a little better after that.

OOC: First check=7, subsequent = 8,14,14
 
As soon as the raft nears the shore, Lookspring lunges forward across the gap. He lands hard on all fours but the relief of being on shore makes up for the awkward landing. Composing himself, he sets to work studying the tracks from the water. He hisses to the others saying, "I told you, the watery dead have risen! We should turn back before we're all rotting corpses as well!"


[SBLOCK]
Lookspring has Know.Nature +9 and Know.Dungeoneering +4 for identifying what might have made the tracks. His survival roll is: Lookspring Survival to follow the tracks (1d20 10=12)
[/SBLOCK]
 

BigB

Visitor
Phoenix begins her swim across to dry land, the force of the water in this area has made impossible to walk and difficult to swim and she quickly goes under.

Rowan ties the rope to himself and to the raft.

Phoenix reemerges above the water and makes it across to the other side as she pulls herself onto dry land Rowan begins his swim. As he does so the raft begins slowly drifting back down the tunnel toward the well and Rowan quickly is submerged under water and fights to regain the surface, for 2 rounds he makes no progress but does resurface and begin swimming to the other side making it in 2 rounds coughing up water as he climbs to dry land suddenly he feels a tug on the rope as the raft has reached the length of the rope in its drifting with the slower current.


ooc: need balance check for Lookspring on raft.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
Without a word, Phoenix gives Rowan a hand pulling in the rope to get Lookspring to the shore. When the raft is near, she kneels down at the edge in front of Rowan to reach out and try to help Lookspring up onto shore safely. After he's safely grounded, she'll quickly start pulling armor out of her Bag of Holding and getting her own put on.
 

BigB

Visitor
Rowan and Phoenix pull on the rope and the raft rides the water back to the faster current and is suddenly pulled downstream with the current taking Lookspring on a wild ride over the rough water. With concentration born of and the look of someone facing their worst nightmare Lookspring clings to the raft for his life not relenting his grip until Rowan and Phoenix pull him onto land.

As Phoenix retrieves her bag she finds the snake coiled among the wood making up the raft.

Lookspring identifies the footprints as medium humanoid and discovers there are at least 4 sets only one being wet.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
Rowan smiles at Lookspring and gives him a gentle slap on the back. "That water won't hurt you. It's the living dead you need to be worrying about!"
With that, Rowan plants the sunrod in the wet ground and begins putting on his armor. Once he's all geared up, he's ready to continue following the footprints.

"Wherever they're going, is probably where we want to go as well."


Rowan will help Lookspring track.

OOC: Aid another 12+7=19
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
OOC: So the tunnel to the north is the dead end where the guard badger was chained to the wall, and the tunnel south is where the cleric had a room right by the deep tunnel we didn't go down? And the wet footprints from here are leading down the tunnel to the south, right?

After helping Lookspring ashore, Phoenix makes sure to help pull the raft out of the water and rest it against the side wall so they can use it later. Once her armor is back on, she ignites her mindblade so she won't have to waste time doing it later. After Lookspring and Rowan finish checking the tracks and they're ready to go, she takes the lead heading down the tunnel following the footprints. With a whisper she says, "Remember to keep your ears open. If there are more of those invisible dwarves we don't wanna be ambushed again, so stay together too."
 

BigB

Visitor
Manzanita said:
Rowan will help Lookspring track.

OOC: Aid another 12+7=19
Lookspring with Rowans help believe the tracks to be human wearing light footwear, much as a sailor would wear.


Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: So the tunnel to the north is the dead end where the guard badger was chained to the wall, and the tunnel south is where the cleric had a room right by the deep tunnel we didn't go down? And the wet footprints from here are leading down the tunnel to the south
Correct
 
Staring down at the footprints, Looksprings eyebrows crease in concern. He checks the tracks again as if not understanding what he is seeing. Tracing the edge with one nail he mutters aloud, "Humans... I thought we were after dwarves and snake men..." He straightens up and turns to face the other two. "On our way home the last time, those sailors that were attacking us, they spoke like crazy men and said we were doomed if we returned. Do you think they are helping the snake men?" Turning back to the darkened tunnels he fingers his bow string. "Either way it won't matter, maybe I'll run into that thieving sailor again" He gets ready to lead the way down the tunnels, hiding and sneaking in hopes of getting the jump on whatever is ahead of them.


OOC
[SBLOCK]
Lookspring will go out in front to spot and listen for any enemies up ahead if you would like. If you go for it he'll probably go about 30' out in front and hide and sneak ahead of the group.

If not, then he'll stay in the back and watch the rear.
Spot and Listen are +8
Hide is 13, Move silently is 12
[/SBLOCK]
 

Advertisement

Top