Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Aboard the ship...
[SBLOCK]
Cornered by Phoenix and Rowan aboard the ship, Lookspring agrees to show them the contents of the chest. "It is my answer to the question of how to kill snake men!" He leads them down to the room he is staying in and shuts the door behind them. He picks up a long stick with a fork on the end. Unlocking the chest, he throws back the lid and steps back quickly with the stick raised in front of him. A wedge shaped head atop a long serpentine neck rises from the chest. He quickly shoves the forked stick against the snake, pinning the rest of the body so it cannot reach them. The snake hisses and snaps at the end of the stick, flecking it with strands of saliva and venom.
"I was finding this one in the market at Orussus. I am still working on taming... stop wiggling! You got a rat last week. What was I saying, oh yes, I am still trying to tame him.. or her.. hard to tell with snakes. I was thinking it would be useful, by studying its anatomy we will be knowing where the strong and weak spots are with snake men. See? Their mouths will have fangs like that, so we must avoid that part. But their belly scales, those are soft and breakable. We will have plenty of time to study it once we get off the ship." Lookspring pushes the snake back down inside the chest until he can slam the lid back down. You hear thumps coming from inside as the snake lashes at the side of the chest a few times before calming down once more.

OOC - Lookspring picked up a medium viper for his animal companion this level. I thought it would be interesting to stick with the snake theme for this adventure =)
[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Taking a snake to fight the snake-men...Priceless. I love it! Really neat tie-in and great RP thinking. Kudos SelcSilverhand![/sblock]

BigB

First Post
[sblock=SelcSilverhand]ooc: the snake is priceless...perhaps I will allow you to have a bonus favored enemy (damage only) for this adventure...temporary of course after this adventure you would lose that benefit.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand said:
At Captain Purdy's question, he says. "Firstly we're going to be finding these snake men, then we're going to be killing them. After that there will be much celebrating. I think we will be starting with the savages, they have been living around here long enough to have legends of strange snake men no doubt. That will be giving us a clue to where we will be finding them."

Manzanita said:
"Aren't these snake people underground? Let's go get them!"

Phoenix8008 said:
After arriving at the island, Phoenix is impressed with the progress that has been made. Responding to Captain Purdy, she says, "Like Lookspring said, we'll go back to the villagers and ask them for any information or rumors that may lead us in the right direction. If that doesn't work, we'll think about making a new plan after that."

"I have heard snakes make their lairs underground but can at times be found sunning themselves. I would look for the lair myself, although I do not know about these snake people you spoke of. I am not inclined to seek them out, myself. I guess you will be leaving soon for the village then? Can you let them know we have come with more goods. If you wish to rest first I have reserved a warehouse for you. It should accommodate all your needs.

Manzanita said:
He enjoys getting to know Captain Prudy. "So you're giving us free passage because you're trying to establish a trade route, and these islanders will only have things to trade if we can clear out this underground for them?"

The villagers have already begun trading, the route is established all but for the confusion back in Orussus. I gave free passage because I can use the security of having your group around and the villagers do like having those two around as well. It all makes for better profits.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan scowls at the viper. He has an intrinsic dislike for snakes.

He will let Lookspring and Phoenix take the lead on this island, as they have a better idea of how to proceed. He will thank Captain Purdy for the free passage and make sure his horse is well cared for.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Finishing her preparations, Phoenix bids farewell for now to Captain Purdy before setting off on the path to the village once more. Stopping at the well, she draws up a bucket to make sure that the water is still flowing. With her thirst (hopefully) quenched, she continues the trek until making her way into the village.

BigB

First Post
The group sets out for the village. The path to the well is full of life, smalls animals are abundant... a sign things are back to normal here, the water is refreshing although bones crunch under your feet as approach the well. A reminder of the days spent fighting the dead that crawled from this well not so long ago.

need a spot check from each.

ooc: did Rowan bring his horse? If not there is the warehouse that can house the horse while the group is at the village. One of the sailors that accompanied Phoenix and Lookspring into the well would be willing to care for the horse. Rowan could easily ride the horse in this area also.

ooc: Did Lookspring bring along his new pet?

Phoenix8008

First Post
After drinking deeply from the well, Phoenix splashes some of the water on her face and hair letting it run down over her shoulders and chest. Running her fingers through her hair, she opens her eyes to see if Rowan is watching her little show. 'What am I doing flirting with him?' she wonders to herself. 'This isn't like me. I'm supposed to be hard and strong, not some faint damsel that flutters at his good looking glance...'

OOC: Phoenix Spot check (1d20+0=3) Obviously, her eyes are a little preoccupied elsewhere... ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan prefers to keep his horse with him as long as possible. He likes the added mobility and the gear it carries. He figures someone in the village will be able to care for the fine animal.

He dismounts and appraches the well with his companions, feeling the bones crunch under his sturdy boots. He smiles. "Looks like you two did some good work here." He gazes at Phoenix as she washes with unabashed interest.

OOC: Spot check =3. Rowan's obviously not paying attention either.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Sorry about the delay, had to rebuild my work PC today.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad y'all liked it. I was actually thinking of taking fav. enemy reptilian next level =)
[/SBLOCK]

At the landing beach Lookspring begins to realize how difficult it would be to drag the chest all the way to the savage's village. I could be letting it out here, it cannot get into too much trouble... he thinks to himself. Dragging the chest up to the edge of the jungle he disappears momentarily into the bushes with his forked stick. You over hear some cursing as he struggles with the lock and the heavy lid. Moments later he emerges from the bushes, running for the path. As he passes Rowan and Phoenix he shouts, "It got the stick! I don't know how, but it got it, run if you are valuing your life!" He continues running up the path for a ways before sneaking a look back to make sure his "pet" hasn't caught up with him yet. He catches a glimpse of the snake once in a while as it cruises silently through the jungle alongside the path.

When they eventually reach the well, he pokes around through the old bones with his handaxe, as if he expected them to jump up at any moment.

OOC:
Lookspring Spot (1d20+8=13)

BigB

First Post
Feeling refreshed from the rest at the well the group continues on to the village which is somewhat empty from what Phoenix and Lookspring remember. The village elder can be found at his hut and tells the group that a hunting party was successful and that all the able villagers went to help retrieve the food.

ooc: my posting will be less over the next week or so until after the holidays.

Remove ads