Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan will bring his usual gear. From his horse he will take his 50 feet of silken rope & add that to his backpack. The rest of the gear on his horse he will leave in the village. He'll plan on lashing his armor and guisarme to the raft as they travel on the water, relying on his heavy flail if combat becomes necessary.

"These guys love us." Rowan says quietly to Phoenix. "You must have done very well last time, because I don't think it was the talking monkey that impressed them."

As they travel and make their preparations, Rowan also tries to get to know the red-headed warrior a little better. "So how do you make that sword come out of your hand? It's pretty sweet. And how did you get into this adventuring business? It's a pretty risky life. A pretty, talented, level-headed girl like you could probably do well in a much safer line of work."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring spends some time carefully packing his backpack. Besides the normal mishmash of items in his pack, he adds a borrowed blanket from the villagers, the caltrops from his chest, and some sticks and rags to use as torches. He makes sure all the pouches are closed up tightly just in case they end up getting soaked. Once ready to go, he'll find a long walking stick to poke and prod his "pet" viper towards the well.

Spell Prepared
[SBLOCK]
Almost forgot I have spells now, no cures yet unfortunately.
I'm going to prepare Delay Poison. Lasts for two hours.
[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix prepares all her gear and takes it with her on the journey back to the well. On the way there, she chats with Rowan...

Rowan said:
"These guys love us." Rowan says quietly to Phoenix. "You must have done very well last time, because I don't think it was the talking monkey that impressed them."
"We both did well last time we were here. Lookspring aquitted himself just fine even against foes of much larger size." she says with a nod towards the Katara.

Rowan said:
As they travel and make their preparations, Rowan also tries to get to know the red-headed warrior a little better. "So how do you make that sword come out of your hand? It's pretty sweet. And how did you get into this adventuring business? It's a pretty risky life. A pretty, talented, level-headed girl like you could probably do well in a much safer line of work."
"The blade is a projection of my mind.", Phoenix demonstrates by flicking her wrist and making the blade appear in her hand. With another flick of her wrist she throws the blade into the trunk of a tree. It sticks there with a thunk before dissolving into nothingness, leaving an open slice in the tree. A moment later, a new blade reapears in her hand, glowing with power. "I've been working on making it appear faster, or perhaps increasing it's size to get a little more reach or damage out of it. No luck so far though." When asked about her start adventuring, she scowls. "My life was changed...against my will. I gained power from the change but I swore to use that power to grow stronger and never be subject to the will of another again." she nearly growls. Swallowing hard, she continues "With my old life gone, I had to make my way in the world. Like so many others, I was drawn to Orussus and the Red Dragon Inn to find employment. After what I've been through, a normal boring job would be unfulfilling at best. So I go where the job takes me and live life to the fullest." she finishes. Opening her mouth to continue, she closes it instead, realizing just how much she has already said. 'Slow down girl.' she thinks to herself. 'Just because he called you pretty...Jevik said you were a pretty girl too, before you killed him.' With that thought, her smile fades, but her scowl doesn't return either...

Manzanita

First Post
"You were used..against your will? Your mind controlled? It doesn't sound so different than my dad or brother. They were both infected by werewolves." Rowan takes a deep breath. "I had to kill my own father. Nasty work. But he wouldn't have held it against me. I would want the same thing, if that were to happen to me."

"The thing is, my brother got it too. This time it was different, though. Me an' some pals rescued my brother from some madmen, and managed to find this oracle that cured his lycanthropy. He's back to normal now, I think, though he's gone blade-shy. He's back to hearding the family sheep."

"Guess I'm glad he is, because someone's got to look after the family. Once you go facing death, and going head to head with pure evil, you change. For some, they never want to do it again. Like my brother Vanth. But for me, I can't go back to ranching. No life in it. The rush of looking death in the face leaves any other life empty. Not that I don't envy my brother sometimes. Gets to settle down with a pretty girl. Have some boys who want to be just like him..."

He pauses and gives Phoenix a sideways glance. "Can't have everything, I suppose..."

BigB

First Post
With preparations made, the villagers put on a feast that although quite a spread does not quite compare to the mega feast they put on after the hunt last time. The village elder addresses the group. We find ourselves once again putting our future in your hands. We wish you safe hunting and safe return. We shall feast appropriately for heroes as yourselves when you return. After the feast those in the village, it is still mostly deserted to fetch the hunts prize, accompany you to the well. The village elder speaks once again. How fitting that your journey takes you into the well that you restored for the village.

You now stand at the edge of the well surrounded by the attending villagers.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring sidles up to the well and looks down inside. It looks dark.. and wet.. is it really worth it? I mean the pearls were big, but were they that big? Maybe they'll have bigger ones this time. He turns to his snake and begins poking and prodding it with his stick until it glides up the edge of the stone well, then begins a slow slither down the rough inside wall. Once it is down the well he turns to Phoenix and says, "Ladies first. You check it out and yell up if it's safe." He sets to work attaching his grappling hook securely and telling the shaman that no one is to touch the rope after they go down inside.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan shakes his head. "I'll go first."
OOC: Is this well a vertical pit? If so, can we fit much of a raft down? How wide is the entrance? How deep? It's totally dark, I suppose.

BigB

First Post
The well is made of wood it is roughly 3ft inner diameter. Enough room for 1 medium sized or 2 small creature to easily climb down or up. It is a vertical shaft, Phoenix and Lookspring can attest that it is about 50 feet deep, also easily measured by the rope and bucket that hangs from a crude pulley. The bottom of the well is totally dark and quiet except for the sound of running water.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix, F Elan Soulknife 4 (AC: 20, HP: 40/40, PP: 6PP)

"Rowan and Lookspring, if you don't want your armor weighing you down, we can stash it away in my bag of holding until we get to drier ground." Phoenix says as she begins removing her own shield and armor before depositing them in her magical bag. Taking one of her sunrods out of her gear, she stores the rest of it and makes ready to climb down the well. She is left wearing a thin scarlet top that doesn't cover her midriff, her skirt, and thigh high boots. She also takes time to activate and charge her mindblade so it's psychic strike will be ready if needed. Dismissing the blade, she looks to see if the others are ready to proceed.

"You sure you want to go first Rowan? I've been down there before and will know pretty quick if it's changed much. Whoever goes first can take this sunrod to see by. With luck, where the dam was has still got some land above the water. Once Rowan and I are down, we can get Lookspring down and settled on his raft before continuing." Phoenix delays enough to let Rowan go first if he wants to.

Manzanita

First Post
"Thank you." says Rowan, who removes his armor and puts it into the bag.

"I'm happy to take the lead. Give me the sunrod. How will we get the raft down?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases