Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan scowls and rolls his eyes towards Phoenix. "So you want us to go back to that cave and hunt down that last goblin? We searched the whole cave. The goblin is no longer there. I don't know that we would be able to find it." he says in a loud voice. He suspects others are listening, but feels EsSarch has more to lose by this than he does.

OOC: I suspect Rowan would have already handed Es Sarch the amulet, though I didn't specifically state that.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay, its been so long and drawn out that I don't remember what our reward was supposed to be for this job. Were we just getting paid? Or was Essarch supplying us with a cure for whatever we got on that island where we got the mushrooms? I don't remember. Phoenix would likely refuse to do more for him at this point unless her life is on the line.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Rowan scowls and rolls his eyes towards Phoenix. "So you want us to go back to that cave and hunt down that last goblin? We searched the whole cave. The goblin is no longer there. I don't know that we would be able to find it."

"That may be. But I had promised you something you want in exchange for your service. You have come close to fulfilling the terms of your contract. So close, it would be a shame if you did not earn your reward. If you cannot complete the task as agreed, then you must pay for your reward another way."

OOC: I suspect Rowan would have already handed Es Sarch the amulet, though I didn't specifically state that.

OOC: Maybe not explicitly, but you did say he held the stone out, and I said that EsSarch reached for it. So, since you didn't post anything about Rowan suddenly withdrawing it, I understand that EsSarch now has the stone.

In response to Phoenix8008, EsSarch had promised you information in exchange for your completion of the tasks.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring gestures to Phoenix while Rowan and EsSarch are talking. As quietly as he can, he suggests to her that they go out into the streets, kill a random goblin, and return with its head as proof that they killed the last one. Or, fetch one of the heads from the bodies in the cave.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think the bigger question here was: are we wanting to continue this adventure past this point or not? If we do, then following Lookspring's idea to present any old head would have merit. If we are ending this adventure anyway, then we can give Essarch the finger and walk out.

As for my vote, I'm pretty much done in. Not really interested in 3E anymore, so LEW has lost its luster for me. If Manzanita and Selcsilverhand really want to continue though, then I'll play along.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
"How do we know if we've killed them all?" Rowan asks, not noticing Phoenix and Lookspring's side conversation. "Do you just want us to go goblin hunting in that area? Why does it matter how many are killed? If you don't give us this information we need, then you need to give us back that amulet!"

OOC: I'll probably retire Rowan after this adventure, but will stick this one out if others are game.

orsal

LEW Judge
EsSarch

"I'm sure we can work out something. You have after all fulfilled most of what we agreed. What can you give me as compensation for the one thing you left undone."

OOC: If people are losing interest, I'd be satisfied to handwave the inevitable final battle -- no XP for it if we don't actually do it, but it means that we can wrap up a game that's becoming sluggish. But we're so close, it'd be nice if we could at least play out this part of the story for the sake of some sense of resolution. After all, even if it doesn't matter to you whether you finish your quest, does it matter to your characters?

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: If I'm retiring my character and being done with LEW after this adventure, it doesn't matter whether or not it matters to my character. Sounds like Manzanita is in the same place as me, but I'd like to hear from Selc too.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Just got back from a trip, so sorry for the delay. I'm kinda torn. I would like to know how the story ends, but at the same time I don't intend to continue using Lookspring anymore. I've switched all my stuff over to Pathfinder and intend to use it for my future pbp games.
If we could narrate the last few scenes and gloss over the battle, that would let us finish up the last bit in short order.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Well, at least the 'backup' group found you guys before you left. I can just imagine us wandering around underground for ages trying to find three retired PCs. ;)

Remove ads