Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, does anyone know what those fish creatures were, anyway?"

Eanos shakes his head as the trio moves away from the site of the ambush. "I've never encountered their like before."

((OOC: Eanos has no ranks in any Know skills, and he hasn't fought them before in any other adventures.))

Nein my friend. Like Eanos said.

OOC: pendrake is in the same boat as eanos here

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: Ouch, it's been a while! My life has recently gotten busier. So while I do hope to be updating more frequently than I have in the past two weeks, I won't in the near future be on ENworld nearly as often as I was in October.

After another 100' or so, the stones become firm again, and the three of you have no difficulty crossing to the island.

When you get there, you see a walled city in front of you, all inside the expansive cavern that holds the sea you just crossed. A few buildings glimmer with faint illumination, and here and there, lanterns shed green light in small pools separated by gulfs of shadow. Portions of the small city are completely collapsed and obviously abandoned, though others show clear signs of habitation and upkeep. A great wall surrounds the lowest edges of the city, and upon that edifice, hundreds of rusty spikes point toward the cavern's high ceiling. Rotting heads adorn scores of these spikes.

Dark stones sag over an open gatehouse. The gaping arch reveals a rubble strewn roadway, a low barricade of piled debris, and an ominous cityscape beyond where the shadowed buildings lean above sloping cobbled lanes illuminated by the green light from the lanterns. Inside the city are a mix of humanoid figures, but you see noone visible at the gatehouse itself.

OOC: XP awards for the Battle of the Bridge:
Eanos 1080
Semabin 1200
Pendrake 1440

Knight Otu

First Post
"I suppose it is a little bit late to say that I'm getting a bad feeling about this?" Semabin asks, not really expecting an answer. "It seems we can enter unhindered though."

Scott DeWar

"Ja, bad feelink too." He checks all of his belongings and makes sure all is tied down securly. "Vee come to city and would not be good to swing weapons, Ja?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

((OOC: Okay, I swore I posted a reply before ... mostly 'cause I remember typing up a question about xp for the kobold battle. Weird.))

Eanos nods. "Before we do anything, Pendrake, I think you should take that potion. I'm getting the feeling we may need you in better shape long before we find a healer."

Scott DeWar

OOC: would that be the cure mod wounds of post 263? if so, ...

Pendrake nods in agreement and acceps the monks offered potion of healing. Quaffing it he lets the stored devine energy do it work in his wounded body.

(unless otherwise specified, a potion reacts as if it is being caast by a cleric of the min level to actualy cast the spell, right?)

2d8+3. Can I leave it to you, orsal , to roll that? IC is still down.

Nevermind, iC is working now! 2d8+3=13

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Penrdake drinks the potion. By my records hit point totals are now
Semabin 50/50
Pendrake 25/40
Eanos 25/44
Is that right?

You pass unhindered through the city gate. You see a city in many ways like you'd expect a city on the surface, but with some eerie differences. The denizens are mostly humans, dark elves, and beardless grey dwarves. There is obviously no sunlight, and aparently no light sources stronger than torchlight anywhere. The city is dilapidated and you can see people around are watching you. No one confronts the group, only watching from shadows and scuddling out of the way, but it is evident that you stand out here like three sore thumbs.

What are you going to do now?

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos looks around, noting the looks the group is getting.

"I never did learn subterfuge," Eanos says with a sigh. "It's clear we don't belong, so I say we don't bother. Besides, maybe those we came to help were similarly noteworthy. One is a Kitara, yes? They can't have many of those come through here."

With that, Eanos looks to see if any of the inhabitants are willing to speak to the group.

Remove ads