• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
You know I can't believe I hadn't subscribed to this thread yet.

Don't worry I will wear my pleated skirt and chainmail bikini with my muscle shirt for the next game.

haha

grodog

Hero
TDRandall said:
I have ordered Valus from Amazon and should have it in my sweaty palms in a matter of days (ok, maybe weeks since I went for the free shipping).

On behalf of Ryan and DWP, thanks for your purchase TDRandall (and everyone else who has bought Valus and Ippy, of course) :D Hopefully the big D will feel up to scribing some fiction again soon!

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
TDRandall said:
I have ordered Valus from Amazon and should have it in my sweaty palms in a matter of days (ok, maybe weeks since I went for the free shipping).

TD - please drop me a line to let me know what you think. Especially if you plan on using it for a campaign, and especially-especially if you plan on basing said campaign in Luc Valu (I know of no Valus-based campaigns set within the southern part of the island - including my own). Hrmph! :)

Wisdom Penalty said:
i think you brought a kukri to a falchion fight.

No kidding. I would have preferred a scroll of teleport to get the heck out of Dodge when the flames began to climb higher and higher. I'm never venturing in the General Forum again!

And Wisdom Penalty, you may be happy to know you made front page news on both of my campaigns' web sites. They particularly liked your line that I quoted above. The guys from the Sins' campaign didn't realize a firestorm had erupted until seeing your post on here. It took them three days to find the relevant thread. So thanks for that, too... ;)

Anyways, hope all of you had a great weekend.

Here's one chubby little DM who's looking forward to spring!

Cheers,
D

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Haven't been here in a long while, but oh how I've missed Valus and the SoOF. I'll be spending some time catching up with this baby over the next few days. Hope you're doing well, Destan. Keep writing!

PS: Where's this new art? (I know it's not actually that new, but it's new to me)

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
GoodKingJayIII said:
Haven't been here in a long while, but oh how I've missed Valus and the SoOF. I'll be spending some time catching up with this baby over the next few days. Hope you're doing well, Destan. Keep writing!

PS: Where's this new art? (I know it's not actually that new, but it's new to me)

Hi didly doo, Yer Majesty Mr. Jay - the art is attached to post #304. Al MacFarlane (one of our own EN Worlders) did his impression of a roven (think half-gnoll). Roven don't appear in this story hour, but they're in the sourcebook. I just liked the pic so much I wanted to post it here. I think Al's got talent, and would like to see more of his stuff published in the industry.

And for anyone else that wanders by or lurks around here, have any of you checked out the online gaming program Fantasy Grounds? I must admit - I'm having a blast with that little prog. Seems to be what the doctor ordered as far as gaming with geographically dispersed friends. I've started up a new campaign based on the Black Company novels by Glen Cook, in a homebrew world, with a heavy dose of house rules. Lots of fun. If you have old friends you gamed with and have since moved or what-not, you may want to check it out. Ok, I'll stop my sales pitch here.

Take care,
D

Ryltar

First Post
Finally :).

After several months now, I'm holding the Valus Sourcebook in my hands - it's not been easy to get a hold of it over here in Europe. But all the waiting has paid off.

Destan, this is great work. After reading through it, I'm beginning to imagine how much thought went into the CS. I'm not yet sure if I will be running a campaign in the Valus itself, but even if not, it is a great font of ideas. Let me give you a big "thank you" both for this book and the wonderful reading you gave me with your SHs.

Oh, and of course, if the book pays off, the next thing on my wishlist would be a deluxe hardcover edition, illustrated by Todd Lockwood ;). Everyone, go buy "Valus", if you haven't already.

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Ryltar said:
Finally :).

After several months now, I'm holding the Valus Sourcebook in my hands - it's not been easy to get a hold of it over here in Europe. But all the waiting has paid off.

Destan, this is great work. After reading through it, I'm beginning to imagine how much thought went into the CS. I'm not yet sure if I will be running a campaign in the Valus itself, but even if not, it is a great font of ideas. Let me give you a big "thank you" both for this book and the wonderful reading you gave me with your SHs.

Oh, and of course, if the book pays off, the next thing on my wishlist would be a deluxe hardcover edition, illustrated by Todd Lockwood ;). Everyone, go buy "Valus", if you haven't already.

Thanks Ryltar! Glad you enjoyed the book. Of the 1.2 million that have been sold, 350,000 have gone to overseas customers.

Well, maybe those numbers are a bit off, but the proportion (I think) is close to the same. I think that's indicative of the diversity within the EN World community. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

And I'd like to get some Jim Holloway sketches in the reprint, as well - I'm a huge fan of the old school B&W illustrations from 1st Edition. :)

Take care,
D

Lela

First Post
You might want to redo the cover too. That whole blue thing doesn't quite fit the setting. But I've already made that comment.

1.2 million have been sold? Holy anti-paladin activity batman!

Remove ads