• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

Lazybones

Adventurer
I DLed this thread and a number of others as text files to take to work (and look busy) during slow spurts, since my office blocks ENWorld and any other fun sites. Now that I'm up to date on book 2, I wanted to offer my comments and thanks for your story.

I only vaguely remembered book 1 (the child-eater demon did stick out in my memory), but I quickly sank into the depth of the milieu. I thought that the characters were portrayed very vividly, with the prose equally effective at building suspense and evoking emotions as one reads. Given the difficulty of doing this in a serial format (especially given the long breaks between chapters), I was quite impressed. It looks like the story is on hiatus now (like many of the great ones here, unfortunately), but when I do another round of DLs in a few months, I'll check back in and see what happens. Based on the high mark you've set, Destan, I have no doubt I'll be quickly swept back into the high drama of your story.

LB

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Lazybones said:
I DLed this thread and a number of others as text files to take to work (and look busy) during slow spurts...

Aha! I empathize, and have been known to do the same thing. I think the longer SHs are infinitely more readable in some nice, tidy doc format. Anything to shirk work.

Thanks for reading, Mr. Bones, and for stopping by. It's always nice to hear someone's reading those older yarns, and it's especially nice coming from a fellow starving SH author.

I haven't been spending as much time within these forums as I used to, and I'm regretful I haven't read more SHs (such as your own), but I can surmise from your post that you've got a way with words. You made me feel good. I owe you.

Thanks,
D

rantipole

First Post
Lazybones said:
I DLed this thread and a number of others as text files to take to work (and look busy) during slow spurts, since my office blocks ENWorld and any other fun sites. Now that I'm up to date on book 2, I wanted to offer my comments and thanks for your story.
LB

Hey all,

Is there an easy way to DL these as text files? I've cut and pasted stuff into Word but it's a pain. As you can probably tell, I'm not the most computer savvy person.

What are the chances of getting an update anytime soon? I love this SH and miss it terribly.

Cheers,
Tom

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
rantipole said:
Is there an easy way to DL these as text files? I've cut and pasted stuff into Word but it's a pain. As you can probably tell, I'm not the most computer savvy person.

Welcome to the boards, Rant!

Greyhawk DM kindly did all the legwork and plunked the first thread of this story hour into a Word doc. You can download it (in three installments) at the bottom of the first post on this new thread.

What are the chances of getting an update anytime soon? I love this SH and miss it terribly.

I'm not sure what the odds are, but Sep just updated - so anything's possible!

Thanks for reading and stopping by,
D

trexmaster

First Post
Destan said:
I'm not sure what the odds are, but Sep just updated - so anything's possible!

He also said that he's now aiming for shorter, more regular updates. Because he knows that us readers can't hold back the GSHW symptoms for long (GSHW stands for Great Story Hour Withdrawal, and the symptoms are : unrestricted violence & torture of innocent writers until they produce more SH :] ).

Lela

First Post
rantipole said:
Hey all,

If you're already subscribed to the thread, you can go to the top of the page, look for Thread Tools-> Download this Thread. That gives you a text file of the entire thread.

Note that I, as yet, haven't had it work correctly in anything other than Internet Explorer. But, if you're not computer savy, that's probably what you're using anyway.

rantipole

First Post
Hi Destan and Lela,

Thanks for turning me on to the download tool. I got it to work on Sep's SH, and I'm using Firefox. I'll try it on this SH when I'm home and not at work. I think downloading a Story Hour at work might be a no-no.

Cheers,
rantipole

Remove ads