Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

digimattic

First Post
OOC: Sorry for breaking the order everyone- brain is not functioning at full capacity this morning.

Arnir looks to the thug that attacked Bannock and thinks:

Only I may hassle the oaf!

Bow in hand, and feeling filled with courage he takes aim with his ancient longbow and releases a shot at the thug at J-17.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
GM: Order was accidentally disrupted, so lets hold under Lars has a chance to post. We'll assume Arnir's action goes forward. After Lars posts, the order will continue with Torrent and so forth.

Gregor

First Post
Bannock, your glaive thrust skewers only air as the thug dodges your attack.

Arnir, your arrow strikes your target's shield with a solid thud and a splintering of wood.

Lars, your aim is improved by Kirio's courageous tune and your bolt flies true. It hits the thug at H7 squarely in the kidneys and he falls to the ground writhing in an expanding pool of blood.

Torrent shakes the stars out of her eyes and focuses on the two targets in front of her. Annoyed from the welt on her head, she decides to attack the thug on her left and slashes her axe down towards her target at G18. "Collect a bounty on my head will you?!" she cries as her axe slips past the thug's shield and the blade sinks deep into his belly. Metallic scales scatter, blood gushes and entrails spill as he falls, screaming to the ground.

Last edited:

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirios's eyes continues to glow and the music seems to rise and fall with the action around him; impossibly high and yet intensely pleasurable notes coming forth as his companions connect with their foes, allowing you all to somehow share in the triumph; the rhythms deeper and more encouraging elements coming forth as strikes miss, lifting your spirits despite the miss; a dark and intense shriek of noise as Alric is wounded, making your anger at the attack seem greater and urging you to strike back...

OOC: continuing Inspire Courage song

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr is infuriated as he sees Alric getting stabbed by these thugs. His time with the resistance has taught him how to take someone down quickly especially when their back is turned. He moves up and charges at the back of the thug while drawing his pick ready to strike.

OOC: Charge Path- H12-H11-H10. Attack = +2 Charge +1 Song. -2 Ac for charge (Shield is not equipped). Using Blade of the Resistance Feat, thug at H9 is my preferred target for the remainder of the encounter I get +2 to damage against him.

Gregor

First Post
Hrimr, you charge the thug preparing to strike him with your pick. At the last moment, he sees you in the corner of his eye and quickly turns to deflect your blow with his shield.

Noticing that the dwarf is now off-balance, the thug at H9 raises his sword and attempts to drive the point into Hrimr's chest. The thug's attack connects and his blade pierces the dwarf's hide armor and wedges itself a few inches into flesh. Blood wells from the wound.

The thug at H18 stands his ground even though the corpses of his two friends lay at his feet. "To the devil-filled hell with the bounty!" he cries, "I'll cut out your heart witch!" Dropping his sap, he draws his short sword and slashes at Torrent. In her fatigued state, Torrent is less than agile and she fails to pull back in time to avoid the attack. The thug's blade slips under her breastplate and cuts a gash on her belly.

The thug at takes a tactical 5-ft step to I-16, once again slipping under the deadly arc carved by Bannock's glaive. Spurred on by his ally's cry, the thug screams as he tries to drive the sword into Bannock's heart, but the attack catches only air.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Street Ambush - Round 3

Street Ambush - Round 3

Initiative and Status
1 - ???
2 - Alric (taken 8 damage)
3 - Bannock
4 - Lars
5 - Arnir
6 - Torrent (taken 3 non-lethal damage and 5 lethal damage)
7 - Kirio
8 - Hrimr (taken 7 damage)
9 - DM (5 thugs dead)

Street Ambush - Round 3

Suddenly, you all see a tall human tumble out of the alley at G18 with an audible cry of "ah HA!". He is dark-haired, and roguishly handsome, brandishing a manicured goatee on a chiseled face that holds a smirk that says "I'm invincible". He is clad in a light chain shirt, dark leathers, a black cape and is wielding a well-made greatsword.

As he comes out of his roll, he slashes his sword at the thug who wounded Torrent. As the thug dodges the attack, the man calls out to her: "Miss me gorgeous?"

[sblock="what Lars sees"]Lars, you recognize the man as Rantle.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads