Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

Adjuntive

First Post
As much as I'm anxious for this to be over, I fear it might be over too quick with an unsavory result.

Alric falls into a battle stance beside Bannock. "I'm ready Hrimr, open the door."

Gregor

First Post
Hrimr hauls the heavy stone door open. It scrapes noisily against the floor and a fresh layer of webbing on the other side rips away as the door slides inward. The weird phosphorescent light paints the area purple and the bodies of the dead spiders still litter the area. Of the giant vermin, there is no sign.

Kirio, you begin to play Inspire Courage. Arnir and Bannock's conditions do not trigger so Hrimr is up (in the event that the conditions take affect this round, Arnir and Bannock can still act).

Initiative

1 - Kirio (readied - will play inspire courage as soon as Hrimr opens the door) - taking place immediately
2 - Arnir (readied Deep Slumber which he will cast on the spider as soon as it's within 35 ft.)
3 - Bannock (readied an attack, with power attack, on any enemy that comes within reach)
4 - Hrimr
5 - DM
6 - Alric

Spider Lair Redux - Round 1

GM: Initiative is triggered due to opening the door and readying actions. I've placed those who readied in the order you posted. I've rolled Init for the rest. If your triggers don't go off in round 1, you can decide in round 2 if you want to continue to ready or do something else.

Last edited:

The Bashar

First Post
After Hrimr opens the door he looks into the room. The spider must have hid if it heard the party coming.

OOC: If see anything I relay that information to the party as a free action

Adjuntive

First Post
Gritting his teeth and flinching at the opening of the door somewhat, Alric expected the worst of a burst of viciously sharp fangs and hellishly red 8 eyes. Although he's not exactly surprised the spider isn't conveniently waiting for them at their leisure.

Not anxious to walk into the lair just yet, Alric waits and considers the situation with his comrades. Whispering: "Is it possible this thing is smarter than we may have taken account of? I mean, wouldn't a mindless beast have charged us upon opening the door? My feeling is that it is waiting with something rather nasty. What do we do?"

OOC: Alric delays action.

Gregor

First Post
South Harbour - Thieves' Guild

The masked priest stares at you for a while. "I care not where you received your injuries my young initiate of the green teeth. I care only for the delightful clink of golden coins that I will hear once you pay me for accessing my vast and terrible powers. The price for the service you require is 45 gold per vial. Alternatively I can brew for you a more potent spirit for 270 pieces of gold." He continues to stare at you, his facial features hidden from view. "Well? I do not have all day to discuss minor alchemy with you."

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio moves back a little (G 2) and pauses his performance long enough to say "We stick to the plan, if it wants us it will come, but we are not going in there! Anything you can throw at it to piss it off in there Hrimr?" he starts playing again...

Last edited:

fromage67

First Post
Lars/Romeo hears out Father Dusk, grimaces and says. "I'll take two vials. Also, can you please heal my wounds. I would be, ahhh, much obliged."

He pays the man, and goes shopping for a shortsword, which at Guild rates should be 9 gp, which I deduct from Lars' shrinking stash. (OOC: 2 potions + 2 CLW + sword = 117gp, Lars now fully healed.))

Lars then exits the Guild grounds, and resumes his Lars appearance when he is unobserved. He heads for the Lyceum in the hopes of meeting his tutor.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
South Harbour - Thieves' Guild

Father Dusk takes payment for everything, carefully counting the 108 gold coins with smiling eyes. He tells you to relax and then begins to chant and pray. He holds his hands on your chest and you feel the warm flow of positive energy enter your body and begin to mend your wounds. He then walks into the other room and returns with two small vials of opaque liquid.

"Two vials. As requested and paid for. If you require more, you will need to give me notice to brew them. I do not usually leave these lying around. Now leave, I have business to attend to."

North Harbour - Lyceum

Your walk back through the rain to the North Harbour and are admitted to the Lyceum. You find Deacon Theal in the same lecture hall from a few days ago.

"Ahhh young Lars from Gate Pass," he says, "Have you returned to learn more about your talents in sorcery?"

Remove ads