Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

Bannock

First Post
OOC: Kirio, I looked back at the post history and tallied up 35 points of healing from you, with me starting at -6, so I was off by 1. I think I'm at 29/37.

Bannock smiles wanly, drained of his characteristic enthusiasm.

"I wish Lars was'ere, he'd be able to climb down there and back up before that spider could blink 3 of its eyes."

Then he turns and walks off after Alric.

digimattic

First Post
"On that we agree, Bannock. I wonder how he's doing...Likely putting his feet up at some bar, having a laugh and a pint. In any case, I move that we try and stick together from here forward. It would seem the universe has a use for us all...."

Trailing behind Bannock Arnir reaches the shrine room and looks over at the now one-eyed statue

Better not...remember what happened to Kirio...

Looking at the stone door he says "warn me before opening it. I want to be as prepared as possible by first casting one spell on myself, then readying one for use on the spider as soon as it's in range. If I'm successful, we have one shot at killing it outright...if the spell fails or the spider lives, it's business as usual."

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr nods as he listens to Arnir. He walks over to Bannock.

"Well boy, let's get you prepared for battle. Arnir once I've casted my spells on Bannock I will open the door. Sound good everyone? Let's take this abomination down."

OOC: When everyone is ready Hrimr will cast Bear's Endurance and Barkskin on Bannock. That will give him +4 to his Con for 5 minutes and +2 to AC for 50 minutes. After casting Hrimr will open the door, I assume with Alric nearby.

digimattic

First Post
Arnir holds up his hand "Wait a moment - What's the plan? Will Bannock rush out there and try and lure the spider back here? Also, who here can hit the hardest with that one shot? I gather it's between Bannock and me...This is of course assuming I am able to lull the beast to sleep! If I'm to attack it, I will need a direct line of sight on the creature...This means that perhaps whoever charges should open the door so there is less obstruction. We should be prepared for the possibility that it will resist and be ready to retreat to the level above."

fromage67

First Post
Lars/Romeo smiles at the humanoid priest and bows his head deferentially. "Bless you, aaah, Father. I have, ummm, heard that you can, ahh, help a guildsmember that, umm, has suffered injuries. I was, ahh, attacked, by, ummm, nasty elves, ummm, outside of town. Can you heal, aahh, me, and, ummm, maybe do you, also, ummm, have potions. Aaah, I am of course willing, to, ummm, make a, ummm, donation according, to ahh, my modest means."

OOC: I used Honeyed Words here, allowing me to take the best of two rolls. My Bluff skill check is therefore 17+10=27. That should convince most priests. B-)

Last edited:

funkmamagoat

First Post
Arnir holds up his hand "Wait a moment - What's the plan? Will Bannock rush out there and try and lure the spider back here? Also, who here can hit the hardest with that one shot? I gather it's between Bannock and me...This is of course assuming I am able to lull the beast to sleep! If I'm to attack it, I will need a direct line of sight on the creature...This means that perhaps whoever charges should open the door so there is less obstruction. We should be prepared for the possibility that it will resist and be ready to retreat to the level above."

Kirio sighs and shakes his head a little
"They really are quite young when you think about it, especially the humans... let's be about it then..."

"Your plan is sound Arnir. Alric and Bannock, you should stand on either side of the hallway to the door ready to attack it, Hrimr will open the door and run out of the way so Arnir can immobilize it with his spell, can you ready it so that it is triggered as soon as you see it. I will begin playing as soon as you open the door to boost everyone's attacks. If Arnir's spell fails, I will try to blind the creature, with my magic, severely diminishing its power, though it may resist this as well. And if all else fails than we run again no question.", he walks over to Bannock and motions for Hrimr to do the same, so that they can magically boost the diminished fighter (kirio casts resistance on Bannock). He then nods to the dwarf and runs to the door heading upstairs, raises his flute ready to play (Kirio readies action, will play inspire courage as soon as Hrimr opens the door).

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr nods at Kirio and casts his spells on Bannock. He then moves to the door and begins to open it.

OOC: I am assuming we're setup as Kirio described and the Arnir is ready as well

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr nods at Kirio and casts his spells on Bannock. He then moves to the door and begins to open it.

OOC: I am assuming we're setup as Kirio described and the Arnir is ready as well

digimattic

First Post
Arnir nods to Kirio and with a few words and a gesture he bathes himself in a bright white glow that collects around his head and seems to be absorbed. His eyes open wide and he breathes deeply "I hope it's actually still in there..." Having said that, he stands off to the side, along the wall by the door and speaks a few more words.

OOC: Arnir has cast Fox's Cunning on himself, and has now readied Deep Slumber which he will cast on the spider as soon as it's within 35 ft.

Bannock

First Post
Bannock steels himself for battle and approaches the door. As Hrimr begins to push on it, his arms grow taught as a wound up spring, ready to uncoil a strike as soon as any foe enters range. He looks to Hrimr and Alric.

"Let's kill this thing."

OOC: Bannock stands 1 square away from the doorway and has readied an attack, with power attack, on any enemy, spider or otherwise, that comes within reach.

Remove ads