• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group A)

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

Tsal keeps vigil with the fallen companions doing his best to aid them with his skills and keeping a close eye out for trouble.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso

Kaeso isn't sure what to make of the room. Not recognizing any obvious evidence of the cult in the room, he walks over to the bookshelves and starts looking through some of the texts. If any of the titles involve mind control or similar enchantments, he will flip through them; otherwise, he is ready to go after the others finish searching.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kaeso searches through the bookcases, flipping through the various works. Most of what he reads seems to verge on the ridiculous as if written by fools who wished to practice dark magic and yet had only perverse fantasies of the subject. Others seem both more thought out and also more disturbing. One book catches his eye, however, as the thick tome has a cover scarred with evidence of heavy use as well as various underlines and notes within the inside text. The book is called The Discoveries of Tralgon and appears to deal with one man's writings into chaos cults.

A gasp from Loraine causes everyone to turn, however. The water from the reflective pool rises like a spike and then forms into an eight-foot long serpent made of liquid, its base stuck to the bottom of the pool. It eyes the party, then arches backward as if readying to attack.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Well now, perhaps it is now a wise time for us to leave....... I do not believe this creature will be answering any questions." Davian says as he backs toward the door.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso makes sure to grab The Discoveries of Tralgon off the shelf before beating a hasty retreat. "Let's get out of here; I don't expect our weapons will have much effect on a being made of water." He moves with Davian toward the exit, following around the edge of the room if needed to avoid the creature.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The creature lashes out at the party several times as they go by, but fails to connect as the group keeps out of range of its strikes. It gives one more snap as the party heads out of the door, injuring Loraine slightly with a slam against her left shoulder. Kareus catches her before she falls forward, and the group soon finds itself in the room with the gaseous vapors, then up the stairs to find Tsal. The condition of your fallen companions has not improved.

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

"Any success? Tsal asks as the others return. I fear our friends are not recovering we will need to carry them out. We have been lucky so far, but I do not think we can wait longer."

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso

"Lucky enough that we're surrounded by temples. Perhaps we can find a healer for our friends?" And for myself... he thinks. It really only strikes him now how serious the injuries of the party are. One party member vanished at the start of the adventure, Luna and Morty are gravely ill from poison, Kaeso is injured (read: low hp), and 2 more have already died. "I think we could all use a place to rest and go over the evidence we've collected."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads