Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group B)

Tychus

First Post
Glau tears a blank page from his journal, upon which he writes a short message. He uses one of the blades littering the floor to afix the message to the doorjam, and using a minor bit of prestidigitation causes the paper to glow so that it cannot escape notice.

Glau follows his companions into the street, his finger resting lightly on Helga's trigger.

To the Captain of the Watch,
Here lie the Five Cuts; who,
while in the employ of House Vladaam,
and with no provocation,
attacked and killed
three innocent library patrons.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You head towards Oldtown, but as you reach the gates that lead out of the Temple District you see ten members of the Watch breaking up the last of what seemed to be a small riot or ruckus. One of the members of the Watch looks at you in surprise as he lets you pass and says, "What the heck is going on?! This is the second group of injured and fallen Delvers we've seen within the last 30 minutes. Best you lads go before some darn fool mistakes you for the Golden Cross Killers, too."

You make it to the Bladechapel where a agile-looking halfling welcomes you into the luxurious main meeting hall. "Welcome. I am Stillis Covenrow, majordomo of this manor. I see that you have brought poor Breeta to us and I thank you. If you can follow me to our basement infirmary we can look to see what we can do for her and the rest of you. While we walk, I'd like to hear what has happened."

Tychus

First Post
"We have been investigating the events that lead to the murders of the Knights of the Golden Cross," Glau explains. "You may have heard that House Vladaam has offered a princely bounty on the heads of the accused killers. There are now many groups roaming the city seeking to claim this bounty. One such band ambushed us, apparently under the impression that we were rivals or had information they needed. Breeta and our other companions were slain in this attack."

Glau casts a sidelong glance at the halfling to gauge his reaction.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Yes, I have heard," the majordomo answers as he helps lay your fallen comrades on several slabs and grimaces as he inspects their wounds. "But what you probably don't know is that those suspected killers you are tracking are right here in this district, with the Knights of the Chord. They have sought asylum and are claiming that they were brainwashed. We were about to send a team to the Knights of the Chord in order to hear them out. These people are likely dangerous, so we would not refuse you if you wish to accompany our inquisitors. I can look after your friends while you are away."

Tychus

First Post
"Are they now?" Glau muses as he strokes his beard. He shares a look with Skrymer and Verosh. "Yes, I think we would like to attend this meeting."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well then, let's be on our way. I will have several of our priests take a look at your friends and see what can be done." The majordomo gathers two more fellow knights who look a bit on the young side and leads you out into the streets of Oldtown and to the Jodan Templehall. Two somber light armored Knights of the Chord allow your group to enter, and lead you to a dining hall where you see two female bards and several adventurers that seem a bit on the worn side. There is a lizardman carrying a rifle and standing next to a pet monitor lizard, two stealthy men carrying bows, and a strong-looking warrior carrying a trident.

The older looking female bard speaks first, "Hello, Stillis. Thank you for coming. These gentlemen have quite a tale to tell."

OOC: Please place future posts here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220555

Remove ads