Skill Check with Dicerning

DonTadow

First Post
RuleMaster said:
Please don't view it as nitpicking, but I'd like to point out, that you are writing "discerning" always without the "s". Take the chance and make now your English teacher proud! ;)
hehehe forget the english teacher i need to be making the university that I got my journalism degree at proud ;)

It's a common fact that journalists CAN'T spell. HOnestly. We're the only writing position that invented another profession (copywriting) soly to check our spelling and grammar.

Thomas5251212

First Post
DonTadow said:
Rule master and you made good points. I like the effect. I guess i'm looking at it and i have a gripe with how small it is to dicern. I didnt want to tack on an extra point though as I like to keep the system as is, but I wondered was a concentration check on dicern spells really effect it all that much. I would think that a person has to have a faire control over the type of spell before they start dicerning things.

But this assumes the person is doing anything particularly active in the process; my buess would be from the way they're classically handled its more like "here are the auras to effect (or not effect), go to it!". In other words, these are essentially "smart spells".

DonTadow

First Post
Thomas5251212 said:
But this assumes the person is doing anything particularly active in the process; my buess would be from the way they're classically handled its more like "here are the auras to effect (or not effect), go to it!". In other words, these are essentially "smart spells".
ok that made me feel comfortable. Thinking of it like that it makes more sense. IN other words here are the auras' or souls to protect herea re the evil ones.
thanks

astriemer

First Post
Another thing to consider is, would forcing the caster make a concentration check really make that much of a difference. Many casters max out (or nearly so) their concentration checks just so they can get the spells off in combat in general. Take a 5th level caster casting a 5 MP spell. Your original proposal would require her to make a DC 7 concentration check. If she's maxed out her concentration, she can't fail the roll, thus the requirement is moot.

Remove ads