• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Skills As Saves

Sadrik

First Post
ValhallaGH said:
Wait, are you saying that if I take my first level as a Rogue, then no matter what my level progression looks like afterwards, I get bonus skill points at every single level?
Or did you simply mean that the above are standard class features dependent upon the base skill points of the class; much like a Fighter's bonus feats?
I'm fairly sure it is the second but I'd like to be sure.
Yes they are class features.

A 5th level rogue with a 10 int would have: 20 total skill points
At 16 skill points at 1st level because all 1st level rogues have 16 + 0 int modifier.
At 2nd level he gains 1 skill point because all 2nd level characters get +1 skill point.
At 3rd level he gains 1 skill point because all 3rd level rogues get +1 skill point.
At 4th level he gains 1 skill point because all 4th level characters get +1 skill point.
At 5th level he gains 1 skill point because all 5th level rogues get +1 skill point.

To make that more complex:
If it were a rogue 3/ Fighter 2/ Ranger 3 with 10 int, would have: 22 skill points
16 for being a 1st level rogue
4 for being an 8th level character
1 for being a 3rd level ranger
1 for being a 3rd level rogue

Do those examples clarify?

Last edited:

SuedodeuS

First Post
I really love this system. I think I'm going to incorporate it into my next game.

I'm somewhat curious about the Awareness vs Sneak roll, however. In the description of Sneak, you state that it requires a DC 10 + Awareness check. Does this mean that it always assumes that characters take 10 on Awareness checks, or does it mean that you have to beat the opponent's Awareness check by 10 points to remain unnoticed?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads