Slightly different Mind Blank question...

nhl_1997

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
This depends on how you interpret the mechanics of the master/familiar bond. If you interpret it as an ongoing spell effect that allows each creature to read the others' thoughts, then yes, I can see how you'd rule that Mind Blank interrupts this magical exchange of thoughts.

Considering that the empathic link is specifically noted as a supernatural ability, I would certainly decide that it's suppressed an an antimagic field.

If I were to decide that mind blank prevented all mind influences from working, I'd be forced to decide that the empathic link would be suppressed if the master (or familiar) had mind blank active.

My "gut-feeling" however, is that this is not the case. Rather than individually going through each possibility and saying "this still works but that does not work," I was looking for something more general that agrees with what I think the spell should do. The "personal spells and effects" are unaffected accomplishes this for the most part (probably because I know nothing about psionics.)

Remove ads