• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slimy Transmutation

gjnave

First Post
I read on a blog (about 6 months old) that this was supposed to be a wizard level 1 daily... whatever happened with that?

(in a nutshel: turn creature into toad (ala Talisman): dazed and can only move or shift)

It's in the Red Box, together with one or two other wizard spells that aren't printed anywhere else.

Edit: The others are Stone Blood (At-Will 1) and Leaden Transmutation (Encounter 1).

Last edited:

Nullzone

Explorer
It's available in the Red Box Starter Set, but no place else. I'm not even sure that there's a "substitute" available in another resource...

GameDoc

Explorer
You can find all three of them in the DDI Compendium.

You can get them in the Character Builder too, but only if you are using the Home Campaign, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, or Dark Sun portals. It won't give you the option if you choose the Quick Essentials or Phantom Brigrage portals. You also have to have "Show additional options" checked when you select powers.

The Red Box thief is different from the one in Heroes of the Fallen Lands, mixing at-will attack powers with at-will movement powers, and his backstab doesn't give bonus damage. Looks weak for a striker, but I haven't tested one in play so I might be missing something that's explained in the rulebook.

The transmutation wizard powers are good. There are no benefits for the schools of magic in the Red Box, however.

The fighter stances, cleric powers, and other wizard powers seem to be identical to those in HotFL.

gjnave

First Post
i have problems with "Save Ends" power with the mage as you dont seem to have any options to penalize saving throws.

As for the frog.. hmm... turn into a toad... pick it up and put it in a small cage, and then damage the frog (turning it big again). Messy... :/

or..

pick up toad and throw it off cliff... blast it with magic missile in mid-air

interwyrm

First Post
I really want to use Stone Blood with the following cheese:

Paragon Path: Master of Flame
Feat: Enlarge spell
Feat: World serpent's grasp
Feat: Energy admixture: thunder
Feat: Resounding thunder
Implement: Weapon of Summer

For a area burst 4 slow. If you hit again next turn, slow+prone.

Adding mark of storm to slide on each hit would be nice too.

Remove ads