Snap-together, desktop trebuchets!

Mr. Draco

First Post
Wow, it's been a long time since I was active on this forum; I'm glad to see that it's still lively!

Anyway, a friend and I have been working on a side project for a few months now to perfect a design for laser-cut, snap-together (no glue required!) desktop trebuchets. After a lot of long hours at a local machine shop, we've finally got everything perfected, and now we've launched a Kickstarter project to make a bunch of these trebuchets for anyone who wants one (pre-orders are $30 each, including S&H)!

These little siege engines are about a foot tall, and will throw a super ball about 20 feet with a full load of counterweight.

If you're interested, you should check out our project here: Trebuchette - the snap-together, desktop trebuchet by Michael Woods — Kickstarter

Here's a picture of the finished product:

tumblr_liegw7mxr71qgdzwb.jpg

Oh, and in case you have access to a laser cutter yourself, once the project is successful, we'll be posting our full designs as .svg files on our website, so stay tuned!

Mr. Draco

First Post
No limit on orders. The way Kickstarter works, as long as the project raises a minimum of its $48k goal, we'll get the money pledged, and we'll make trebuchets for everyone who ordered one.

If we don't raise at least $48k, then nobody gets charged anything.

Remove ads