D&D 5E Sneak look at 5E !

jasin

Explorer
I think the original poster works for WotC.

I don't think he has access to anything like what he describes, because it doesn't exist, yet; I think he is trying (successfully!) to sound people out for ideas they really are under consideration for 5E.

After the last few fiascos, someone apparently came to the terms with the fact that they don't really know what they're doing anymore, but soliciting the fans overtly for ideas and wishes for 5E would likely stir up a veritable storm of nerd rage, both deserved and not.

Enter covert agents like "5EFAN", if that is even his real username...

Jhaelen

First Post
I think the original poster works for WotC.
Definitely not. This is not the style of a professional writer (unless it was written by someone who works for WotC but not as a game designer or developer, like, say, their IT admin).

I think it's just an alt account from an ENWorld regular. And _of course_ it's just a 'hoax' - folks, get real! :D

It's still a fun read since it has some intriguing ideas (and some not-so intriguing ideas).

5 Things More Believable then this 5E Preview
  1. The Theory of Atlantis
  2. Reptilian humanoids disguised as powerful political figures
  3. That a Gazebo once killed a PC
  4. Elvis is going to perform at the half-time show of Superbowl 46
  5. Rodney Thompson and Mike Mearls are stealing all the copies of 3.5 to force people to play 4th Edition.

hipnotode

First Post
i was thinking of building a homebrew system that uses mele/range/mage tree system, but this idea of adding the races in there too is interesting. so is the idea that powers add something to your character other than just that power.

food for thought.

samursus

Explorer
Honestly guys...

How could anyone take this seriously as an attempt by the OP to convince us his tale is true.

I don't even see it as a troll; merely as a tongue-in-cheek way to share their ideas regarding improvements to the current edition.

Remove ads