D&D 5E So 5 Intelligence Huh

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Yes, it's much clearer that you still don't understand the point of my argument and are continuing to misuse statistics because it provides a result that you like. You're not alone, this is typically why statistics are misused.

What makes you think I like the result? Also, am I even doing statistics? I thought I was doing arithmetic. I mean, x% = x%, right?

BTW, don't mistake anything I've said for an argument that a legitimate correlation can be made between Intelligence and IQ, because I happen to believe there is absolutely no reason to think that, the vague musings of Gary Gygax notwithstanding.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
What makes you think I like the result? Also, am I even doing statistics? I thought I was doing arithmetic. I mean, x% = x%, right?

BTW, don't mistake anything I've said for an argument that a legitimate correlation can be made between Intelligence and IQ, because I happen to believe there is absolutely no reason to think that, the vague musings of Gary Gygax notwithstanding.
Well, I'd said that, generally, if someone expresses that they're going to run a game with a certain idea, it's a fair guess that they actually like that idea.

I may be wrong in this, and, if you prefer to use your free time to explore ideas you dislike, I'll withdraw the statement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sadras

Legend
Up until 5e, the idea that Int scores were equivalent to IQ was okay-ish. But Int scores aren't used the same way in 5e because Int checks are modified by skills in a way that didn't happen in previous versions.

Do you mean there are no straight Int skill checks in 5e? Wasn't that system applied in 3.x as well?

Hriston

Well, I'd said that, generally, if someone expresses that they're going to run a game with a certain idea, it's a fair guess that they actually like that idea.

I think you have me confused with [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION]. I haven't said if I would run a game where Intelligence relates to IQ. For the record, I wouldn't.

I may be wrong in this, and, if you prefer to iuse your free time to explore ideas you dislike, I'll withdraw the statement.

You're right. I've spent too much of my free time exploring [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION]'s idea that I didn't like, just as you seem to have spent some time exploring my ideas that you didn't like. Unpopular ideas beget unpopular ideas, it seems.

Yardiff

Adventurer
I think you have me confused with [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION]. I haven't said if I would run a game where Intelligence relates to IQ. For the record, I wouldn't.

You're right. I've spent too much of my free time exploring [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION]'s idea that I didn't like, just as you seem to have spent some time exploring my ideas that you didn't like. Unpopular ideas beget unpopular ideas, it seems.

Just to point out something....Max wasn't the first person to bring up the int x 10 IQ thing in this thread.

Hriston

Just to point out something....Max wasn't the first person to bring up the int x 10 IQ thing in this thread.

That may be true. You've said it twice now, at least. I have no intention of going back over the thread to find out who you're talking about, nor do I think it's relevant, since I believe it was [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION] with whom I was discussing that issue when I made my comments about the frequency of IQ scores as they are defined. If you think it's important, and/or adds to the discussion in some way, you are, of course, welcome to reference the post in question.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
No, was talking about the time you spent building the averaging 3d6 vs IQ table and how you said that you were planning on running a game using that.

Too be fair, I've spent time explaining how your ideas were wrong, not exploring them.

Remove ads