• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So anyone NOT changing to 3.5?

So are you NOT changing to 3.5?

• I love 3.5

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • I loathe 3.5

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I'm not changing soon

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • I am changing soon

Votes: 39 29.1%
  • I'm not playing D&D

Votes: 9 6.7%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Anyway I'm happy with 3e (+ lots of houserules) and wont be changing (although I'm already picking from the 3.5 SRD for add ons (like the new Druid)) so anyone else happy and not changing soon?

(ps Multichoice)

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
I'm not changing to 3.5e. There just isn't need to do that. Shelling 112.5 euros (euro > dollar) for the set is just too much. I'll just play 3.0e, AU and Midnight when I get it.

Fenes 2

First Post
I won't be changing my own two campaigns I DM, especially not the classes, but I will use quite a lot of the main rules, especially some skill clarifications and the combat rules.

shadow

First Post
Nope, not changing. I thought 3e was fine as it was. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I looked at the revisions, and didn't like any of them, including the new ranger. In fact I thought most of the revisions would hurt gameplay rather than help it. From "nerfing" the spells, to the new square facings, I really hate all the changes (of course that's a seperate thread which has been done to death.)

I see 3.5e as another attempt for WotC to milk money out of us, so I refuse to switch. The funny thing is that most of the people I game with said exactly the same thing.

papa_laz

First Post
Our group only started playing a bit over a year ago so we arnt going to be buying new core rules any time soon.

Im not sure exactly what the main changes are apart from the classes.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'll house rule a few 3.5 things into my game, probably. And if the Bard dies, anyone rolling up a new bard will use the 3.5 one. But for the most part, we'll stick with 3e for now. Eventually, like when this campaign is done, we may switch. But when we do, I'll house rule a bunch of 3E stuff back in. I don't like the facings either. Nor the buff spells. I'm not sure about the weapon sizes. Maldur argued pretty convincingly before the Ennies ceremony that they were an excellent idea, so I'll be taking another look at them.

I'm not switching. Nothing against 3.5; some of the core class changes were neat. I just as equally have nothing against 3.0. I don't have a compelling reason to make the switch right now. I'd rather wait a few years for the next full edition.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I've already written all my house rules for the new edition. I love most of the changes. I house ruled a few things back to 3.0 such as the duration of Invisibility and Greater Invisibility.

I even incorporated the every round save to Hold spells because of the new mass versions. A single person being killed because of a hold spell is fine, an entire group of things being killed because of a mass hold would get out of hand. The save every round at least gives them a chance.

Overall, the 3.5 edition is a great revision with many little clarifications and rules changes that make the game more fun. All the major rules changes you know about are just the tip of the iceberg to all the little ways that 3.5 can improve a game. Great revision. I commend the design team for making this a truly worthy revision that should actually did improve an already very good game.

Note: The only thing I don't like is the Wolverine fan on the design team who made the change to adamantine. It's D&D guy, not the X-men;)

Wombat

First Post
As I said before, I am using D&D3.Wombat

Cherry pick a few rules from the new, keep some of the old, add in our own improvements, maybe port in an idea or two from Arcana Unearthed

I think any GM worth his salt makes serious house rules

Remove ads