• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E So... Anyone Thinking Of Running A PF2 Game?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Most of the combat rules are similar to everything you have in PF1 and D&D. Cover, area of effect, etc. (Though cover is more fiddly with lesser -1, standard -2, and greater -4). The biggest difference is action economy. At least overall. Some classes like spellcasting is more fiddly.

I think I will go ahead and throw up Plaguestone to run. I've read the first two acts in the adventure and it seems pretty good, well-written and clear.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Adventures were always Paizo's strong suit, I believe. I can't say I have a lot of experience with them though. I never played PF1. I was not a big fan of 3.5. I mean, it had some really good bits, but encouraged too much rules lawyering and power gaming (for my taste and in my experience).

I have a feeling that ultimately PF2 will be too fussy for me, but I can't be sure without giving it a go. I like a lot of what they are trying to do.

Let's give it a shot, shall we?

Remove ads