4E So anyone want to see some generic 1st level slimes in 4E?

frankthedm

First Post
So anyone want to see some generic 1st level slimes in 4E?

just some small globs, not that dangerous, maybe somewhere between kobolds and goblins in threat.

D&D slimes have always been fairly potent things, either splitting, gobbling gear or paralyzing their victims. In 4E, I just want to see some slimy scavengers that feel similar to those dragon warrior slimes.

rkanodia

First Post
frankthedm said:
So anyone want to see some generic 1st level slimes in 4E?

just some small globs, not that dangerous, maybe somewhere between kobolds and goblins in threat.

D&D slimes have always been fairly potent things, either splitting, gobbling gear or paralyzing their victims. In 4E, I just want to see some slimy scavengers that feel similar to those dragon warrior slimes.
Sure, why not? I've heard that all kinds of crap is spilling out of the Far Realm these days.

Spiteful Dwarf

First Post
I love this idea. Think about it; slime mooks backing up a slime priest or a big momma slime creating minions by splitting her mitochondria or something and making tons of baby slimes. Cool!

Lizard

First Post
Slimes FTW!

Definitely, low-level slimes.

In 3e, you had Brown mold as a low level hazard.

One of the nicer enhancements 3e has made is their 'saving throw against continuous effects', which allows for low-level monsters to paralyze, etc, without taking a party member totally out of the fight. A slime which paralyzes is now more viable at low level, as you can get a save each round instead of being locked out for 3d4 or whatever.

FourthBear

First Post
thundershot said:
DM: "A slime draws near...."
PLAYER: It's not a metal slime is it? If so, I'm just going to run...
Oh, no way! Liquid Metal Slimes = full on attack! Mmmmm, those XPs, so delicious...... I'm more worried about the slime running away before we get lucky with a critical.....

Cam Banks

Explorer
Slimes are a player race in the Uresia setting. Kind of odd, but it suits the general anime-styled atmosphere.

Cheers,
Cam

rkanodia

First Post
Captain Tagon said:
I want slimes as playable characters.

Or maybe I just like DragonQuest too much.
Once, a DM let me have a tiny Gelatinous Cube as a familiar. Best. Campaign. Ever.

Me: "Go for the feet, Wiggles, go for the feet!"
BBEEG: "What in the - OH DEAR GOD IT'S CRAWLING UP MY PANTS, HELP HELP GET IT OFF OF ME!!!"

Stoat

Adventurer
I support the introduction of low-level slimes into 4E.

Also blubbering Icky-Things and Red Worm Masses.

Advertisement2

Advertisement4