So Cyberpunk 2077

You're just NOW learning about this? It was first announced 7 yrs ago. each delay made news, the Crunch time made news...a little late to the party there buddy lol

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is coming down the chute in 2021 too.

But then, so is Baldur's Gate 3. Though I suppose not having simultaneous console release is probably going to hurt sales/cachet in that case.

In either case, enjoy Cyberpunk, but make sure to watch out for seizures!

I only want to say this videogame for one day has made more money than the original TTRPG publisher for a decade. Am I wrong? Then the future of lots of IPs from the TTRPG industry are the videogames adaptations.

My V
12-10-2020_4-31-12_PM-p1fliuha.png

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
A friend of mine is playing it on XBox, and he's pretty frustrated with the glitches and performance. Another friend of mine is playing on PlayStation, and he had to restart his game twice because of updates trashing his save file. I haven't heard from any of my friends who are playing it on PC, but apparently the PC version is the most stable of the three. No surprise there, I guess.

There was a patch on release day, and another stability patch released today. I know this is becoming common practice in the gaming industry, but...seriously? Two major stability patches in less than 24 hours? After spending more than seven years developing it? And this is somehow common practice in the industry?!

That's an expensive and overhyped Early Access game, not an official release. They should be honest about that. Most hardcore fans would buy it anyway and grit their teeth through the multiple patches, updates, bug fixes, and game crashes. As tired as we are of waiting, plenty of us would prefer to wait another six months for a stable, complete, and you know, finished version.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
A friend of mine is playing it on XBox, and he's pretty frustrated with the glitches and performance. Another friend of mine is playing on PlayStation, and he had to restart his game twice because of updates trashing his save file. I haven't heard from any of my friends who are playing it on PC, but apparently the PC version is the most stable of the three. No surprise there, I guess.

There was a patch on release day, and another stability patch released today. I know this is becoming common practice in the gaming industry, but...seriously? Two major stability patches in less than 24 hours? After spending more than seven years developing it? And this is somehow common practice in the industry?!

That's an expensive and overhyped Early Access game, not an official release. They should be honest about that. Most hardcore fans would buy it anyway and grit their teeth through the multiple patches, updates, bug fixes, and game crashes. As tired as we are of waiting, plenty of us would prefer to wait another six months for a stable, complete, and you know, finished version.
This has been standard practice in the industry for decades. And it's crap. They set a release date, get the buzz going in their pre-orders, and then rarely shift the release date - particularly as Xmas gets closer. Getting the product through the physical product generation and packing takes enough time that they have to have the base release ready well ahead of ship and release dates - knowing full well that it's still ferociously buggy. They count on that time lag between their official base release packing and the street date to generate downloadable patches to save the playability of the game when people actually install it on their consoles/PC hard drives.

This is one significant reason why there are people who never buy the .0 version of any software and why I usually wait to buy computer games for either my X-Box or iMac until many months after release (and when the prices go down).

Remove ads