So Cyberpunk 2077

trappedslider

Adventurer
You're just NOW learning about this? It was first announced 7 yrs ago. each delay made news, the Crunch time made news...a little late to the party there buddy lol

Gradine

Final Form
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is coming down the chute in 2021 too.

But then, so is Baldur's Gate 3. Though I suppose not having simultaneous console release is probably going to hurt sales/cachet in that case.

In either case, enjoy Cyberpunk, but make sure to watch out for seizures!

I only want to say this videogame for one day has made more money than the original TTRPG publisher for a decade. Am I wrong? Then the future of lots of IPs from the TTRPG industry are the videogames adaptations.

trappedslider

Adventurer
My V
12-10-2020_4-31-12_PM-p1fliuha.png

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
A friend of mine is playing it on XBox, and he's pretty frustrated with the glitches and performance. Another friend of mine is playing on PlayStation, and he had to restart his game twice because of updates trashing his save file. I haven't heard from any of my friends who are playing it on PC, but apparently the PC version is the most stable of the three. No surprise there, I guess.

There was a patch on release day, and another stability patch released today. I know this is becoming common practice in the gaming industry, but...seriously? Two major stability patches in less than 24 hours? After spending more than seven years developing it? And this is somehow common practice in the industry?!

That's an expensive and overhyped Early Access game, not an official release. They should be honest about that. Most hardcore fans would buy it anyway and grit their teeth through the multiple patches, updates, bug fixes, and game crashes. As tired as we are of waiting, plenty of us would prefer to wait another six months for a stable, complete, and you know, finished version.

Last edited:

billd91

Hobbit on Quest
A friend of mine is playing it on XBox, and he's pretty frustrated with the glitches and performance. Another friend of mine is playing on PlayStation, and he had to restart his game twice because of updates trashing his save file. I haven't heard from any of my friends who are playing it on PC, but apparently the PC version is the most stable of the three. No surprise there, I guess.

There was a patch on release day, and another stability patch released today. I know this is becoming common practice in the gaming industry, but...seriously? Two major stability patches in less than 24 hours? After spending more than seven years developing it? And this is somehow common practice in the industry?!

That's an expensive and overhyped Early Access game, not an official release. They should be honest about that. Most hardcore fans would buy it anyway and grit their teeth through the multiple patches, updates, bug fixes, and game crashes. As tired as we are of waiting, plenty of us would prefer to wait another six months for a stable, complete, and you know, finished version.
This has been standard practice in the industry for decades. And it's crap. They set a release date, get the buzz going in their pre-orders, and then rarely shift the release date - particularly as Xmas gets closer. Getting the product through the physical product generation and packing takes enough time that they have to have the base release ready well ahead of ship and release dates - knowing full well that it's still ferociously buggy. They count on that time lag between their official base release packing and the street date to generate downloadable patches to save the playability of the game when people actually install it on their consoles/PC hard drives.

This is one significant reason why there are people who never buy the .0 version of any software and why I usually wait to buy computer games for either my X-Box or iMac until many months after release (and when the prices go down).

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This is why you always wait a few months after release to pick up AAA games.
It's also a reason to give AAA games a miss altogether. I don't want to sound like a typical Portland hipster here, but AAA studios are highly overrated. Indie studios like Supergiant Games, Team Cherry, Klei, and Unknown Worlds (to name a few) are putting out some awesome games too, usually at lower cost and higher quality.

ruemere

Explorer
The game is apparently a glitch fest on older consoles and some PC setups.

I got lucky apparently (Nvidia card/Ryzen) on my modest PC - no bugs in sight. Still, there will be more patches, so everyone will get to play eventually.

trappedslider

Adventurer
My point stands.
And it's the same thing that gets told every time there's a fall on your face release from any of the big name publishers.
The game is apparently a glitch fest on older consoles and some PC setups.

I got lucky apparently (Nvidia card/Ryzen) on my modest PC - no bugs in sight. Still, there will be more patches, so everyone will get to play eventually.
I've only had the game crash on me twice so far, and other than some lag it's been fine. I've been having fun so far, I'm playing on my xbox one.

MarkB

Legend
I've only had the game crash on me twice so far, and other than some lag it's been fine. I've been having fun so far, I'm playing on my xbox one.
Pretty much the same experience on PS4. Yes, the crashes are annoying, but the game autosaves every few minutes so I haven't lost significant progress.

I'll wait a few months till more bugs are fixed... and then I have to see if my pc can even run the thing. It is a heavy game. I am eager to play it though.

trappedslider

Adventurer
I'll wait a few months till more bugs are fixed... and then I have to see if my pc can even run the thing. It is a heavy game. I am eager to play it though.

the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p. Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
Pretty much the same experience on PS4. Yes, the crashes are annoying, but the game autosaves every few minutes so I haven't lost significant progress.
I also do a manual save

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And it's the same thing that gets told every time there's a fall on your face release from any of the big name publishers.
Imagine that: a highly-anticipated release turns out to be glitchy, unstable, and incomplete, and people complain about it.

So wouldn't the best solution be to insist on better releases from big name publishers?

It's not too much to ask. Other studios do it, with fewer people, shorter schedules, and smaller budgets.

Last edited:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4