So Cyberpunk 2077

chuckdee

Explorer
I work in video games development. He said that they were the final decision makers but never intended for anything that happened to happen. They either tested their game at least once in the last few months themselves and saw that it was unplayable for older consoles, or they didn't. In both situations, making the decision to release the game was inevitably lead to a huge mess. Nobody will convince me that it wasn't an economically motivated decision.

I worked in the video game industry, and yeah... we had one project with performance issues all the way up until the end. They delayed once, then 'couldn't delay again because of release windows'. We were continually improving, but there just wasn't enough time.

I don't believe the didn't know that there were problems, but I do believe that they deluded themselves into thinking that they could get them done by the day zero patch. It's madness. We were able to do it in my case, but it was a very close thing, and the patch was laughably large because we had to rewrite some low-level code. Even with that, we advised not to release it at that time, because we hadn't had the time to put it through the paces. But they released it anyway. Thankfully, there were only a few problems in the new optimizations, but it could have gone a lot worse.

This seems like a case where the Dev/QA were not able to pull off the last minute miracle that they were counting on. It should be a cautionary tale, but from experience, it won't be.

MarkB

Legend
huh, I haven't had that issue with cars or bikes...my only issue with vehicles has been hitting stuff that I see and don't avoid lol and going flying off the bike lol. There was on spot on an onramp, I hit the side wall and went flying half way into the next section of night city...lol
The funniest incident I've had with vehicles was with Jackie's Arch. You know how when the bikes autopilot to you, they pop up on their front wheel when they brake to a halt? One time, the Arch managed to actually literally flip itself upside down.

I got on, thinking it would right itself. Instead, I was sat upside down on the bike with my torso and head under the road surface, looking at the underlying terrain. When I dismounted, I fell all the way through the road and onto the ground, but was trapped 'inside' the roadway with no way to get out. Fortunately the game had autosaved shortly before I called the bike.

The funniest incident I've had with vehicles was with Jackie's Arch. You know how when the bikes autopilot to you, they pop up on their front wheel when they brake to a halt? One time, the Arch managed to actually literally flip itself upside down.

I got on, thinking it would right itself. Instead, I was sat upside down on the bike with my torso and head under the road surface, looking at the underlying terrain. When I dismounted, I fell all the way through the road and onto the ground, but was trapped 'inside' the roadway with no way to get out. Fortunately the game had autosaved shortly before I called the bike.
Along the bike not stopping,i've also had it hit me lol

I play on PC without an SSD and it's not an issue for me.
It's probably not as much a problem if your other hardware components (like graphics memory and RAM) are better than whatever PS4 or X-Box One have by default (got more memory, the stuff doesn't even need to be streamed from disk, because it's already in memory). But on consoles, the only thing you can upgrade is probably an external hard drive...

chuckdee

Explorer
It's probably not as much a problem if your other hardware components (like graphics memory and RAM) are better than whatever PS4 or X-Box One have by default (got more memory, the stuff doesn't even need to be streamed from disk, because it's already in memory). But on consoles, the only thing you can upgrade is probably an external hard drive...

The only thing I have that's above spec is the RAM... I have 48GB. But everything else is pushing recommended. But I can see what you mean.

chuckdee

Explorer
I shouldn't have activated the nVidia FPS counter. Now I want a new graphic cards. And you almost can't get any.

Yeah... I go by feel instead of stats for this reason. I was able to justify a small jump in my card for the game, but I can't go any higher right now. It feels good in play to me, which is enough.

(doing an in character diary thing)

AarUkA3.jpg

So, 6 months ago I was backstabbed by my bosses at Arasaka after being used as a pawn by my boss. I was able to land on my feet with help from my choomba Jackie. We did jobs here and there, while i earned enough to move out of his place with his mom. Now we've hit the big time or at least one step closer, or so says Jackie. Jackie landed us a job from Dexter Deshawn, after having what felt like an actual job interview with the guy (surprised he didn't ask for work history), he gave some details on the gig. It looks like there's two parts to it. One is getting a military drone and possibly dealing with the person who lost it, and the other is meeting with the person who gave out the job.

ml3skEe.jpeg

So, it turns the one who put out the job is named Evelyn Parker, I went and met her at Lizzie's. That brought back a lot of memories, since it was the place where I lost everything that mattered to me at the time. She had me look over a BD she scrolled during a night with Yorinobu Arasaka. He apparently took the Relic out from under his dad's nose. Also met a friend of hers ,a girl named Judy. She's got that troubled past tom boy look and it's a good look.
The other part was a but more dicey. The corpo who lost the drone, Meredith stout after wanting to kill me gave me a spiked credit chip to give to the Maelstrom to pay (again) for the drone that Dex already paid for. Turns out that was a bad idea, since their software detected it and both me and Jackie had to fight our way out. Once we made it out, we found Meredith and Miltech waiting for us.

I wouldn't mind seeing either Judy or Meredith again, maybe even with some drinks or a bite to eat.

Once we got everything we need, we headed to the afterlife. It's a bar that's housed in what used to be a morgue way back. It's a place where deals and details are figured out over drinks. We met with Dexter and T-bug (the netrunner side of the op) in person. Turns out we're going to be going into Yorinobu's pent suite at kenplenke plaza. The plan is to knock out the in house netrunner, make our way to his pad and steal the biochip, then get out. Sounds like a perfect chance for some good old revenge or maybe a way to buy myself back into Saka.
(Comments, complaints ,suggestions?)

Remove ads