• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how long have YOU been playing D&D?

The Hound

Explorer
As near as I can figure out, I played my first game in 1979. Our GM used a stapled copy of what was probably the first version of the rules (at least, it was pretty early - it had "hobbits" instead of halflings in it). By that time later versions were out - but none of us could afford to buy them. I kept playing until '87 or '88, then dropped out of the hobby until about three years ago. Do we have any real old timers around who've been playing since the very beginning?

FunkBGR

Explorer
Bought a Red Box (Basic Set) at a garage sale sometime in '92. I can recall picking up the 2nd Ed AD&D books sometime around 1998 or so, but never even bothered to try playing one of them D&D games until sometime in 2001 or so, whenever 3rd Edition came out.

Late bloomer, but I've been trying to make up for it.

So somewhere around 5 or so years now . . .

Crothian

First Post
Started as a very young kid in 80 getting introduced to it by neibhor kids. Didn't actually get a book or a dice till two years later.

15 years, and it scares the heck out of me that it's been that long. I can remember the summer when I started like it was yesterday. I was 15 and a buddy that I worked with got me started with Hero Quest (is that game still around?) and had me playing D&D by the end of the summer. I'm 30 now, but I still feel like a kid when I'm playing.

Agback

Explorer
The Hound said:
Do we have any real old timers around who've been playing since the very beginning?

Yes, we have. Gary Gygax posts here fairly frequently, under the username "Col_Playdoh".

I myself did not play my first game of D&D until May 1980, so it is only 26 years for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads