So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Anyeong

JamisBuck

First Post
Well all, I've announced it on my site, and Morrus will be announcing it on his later today, so it's official: I'm closing shop!

Well, I'm closing "Jamis Buck's RPG Generators" -- but I'll keep writing software. And Morrus is going to be integrating my site's links, news, and downloads into ENWorld, so all the goodies will still be available. Hopefully, by divesting myself of my website, I'll have more time to focus on what I really enjoy: writing software.

I'll still be lurking around the boards, and hopefully I'll be releasing a new NPC generator in the next few months, so I'm not really going away. But I just want to say "thank-you" to everyone who has helped make my website so successful -- it has been a very enjoyable experience for me. You're all incredible!

Cheers,

Jamis

EricNoah

Adventurer
We will miss your news coverage of computer-related stuff. Hopefully your time away will allow you to focus on your projects. Thank you for joining forces with me "way back when" -- you added a lot to our community and we will continue to use your goodies for a long time to come, I'm sure.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Jamis,

Your site has been a great resource for me. Always keep in mind the impact you had on the d20 community, from gamer to developer to fan.

Thanks,

Sodalis

First Post
sad to see you go...

your generators have made my life so much easier... and the game so much more detailed for my players (rather than having a general +5 or +10 for all NPC stats, I have a real NPC to play with...)

thanks again...

;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Well, all good things...

I'm sorry to see it go, but it was a good choice on your part. I'd rather see you program than update the site - we both know how much more fun the programming aspect is. :D

I hope this takes off some stress and a lot of email (though there'll be some well-wishers deulging your inbox for a few days, I'd guess).

Rune

Once A Fool
Wow. I guess this is a good move, but it somehow seems...depressing. It's not goodbye, but...it is.:(

Thanks, Jamis, for a great site, as well as great software.

And thanks, Eric, for (among other things, of course) hosting him, "way back when."

Psion

Adventurer
Indeed, I feel like saying "congrats" more than anything else. Your NPC, Town, and Dungeon generators have been a staple to my game. Having you work on those instead of promote your immitators sounds like a good thing to me!

Berandor

lunatic
All good things come to an end... still it's always a sad occurence when they do!

Farewell, Generator Site, and good luck, Jamis!

Berandor

TalonComics

First Post
I'm a little confused... You're closing your website but the generators will still be around? Since I'm on a Mac I can only use the web generators. :/

I understand about the time drainage of a website and don't blame you for wanting to do what you love to do. I just would like to know where to look for the generators. ;)

I'm assuming I should remove you from my Links page huh?

~Derek

Remove ads