• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So my cousin gets beaten black and blue

Del

First Post
On my dad's side of the family they are deeply religious Holdeman Mennonites. This is sorta like being "Ahmish Lite". Absolutely no radio or tv, but computers and email are ok. They generally work in farming or other older trades, tho many are truckers or nurses. Very warm people who helped raise me and awesome enough never gave me grief for the Dungeons and Dragons.

My Aunt Olive and Uncle Clark live with with children in northern Alberta where there is a church. One, my cousin Melanie was born with severe mental handicaps. She is in her teens I believe. She is a full time job to care for and my Aunt Rosina helps the family as a nanny. That being said the family sometimes uses a local group home for kids, to get some time to themselves.

So my cousin is alone, unminded and wanders into the wrong area and is severly beaten by a 150 lb 10 year old boy. Her lip is busted up, she was bleeding from her nose, her face looks like a checkerboard. Welts up and down her back. She's just so hurt. They phoned my uncle and told him "she fell".

There may be no permanent damage but she is going through CAT scans.

I'm so angry and it's so hard for the family cause their church doctrine shies away from criminal and civil prosecution. They won't sue the caregivers for what happened but will work to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

I love both sides of my family and understand where they come from so all I can do is try to get a letter in the Peace River paper editorial reminding these group home idiots how undeservedly lucky they are.

Please wish my cousin a full recovery. She's the last person who deserves to be beaten within an inch of her life.

I'm not trying to start a religious arguement so please be civil. I explained the church bit so people understand what happened.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
My thoughts and prayers go out to your cousin. I hope the boy who did this gets some justice, not just for your cousin's sake but his own. Things like this should not go unpunished.

Del

First Post
Rel said:
My thoughts and prayers go out to your cousin. I hope the boy who did this gets some justice, not just for your cousin's sake but his own. Things like this should not go unpunished.

It's in the hands of the RCMP. My uncle here (I rent from family here) said they might be able to go around the family but in my experience you need someone to press charges. I personally want to see the group home staff run out of town on a rail.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Does the boy deserve punishment? I can't really say since we don't know anything about him. Perhaps he has his own mental and or emotional problems and that's why he is in that home. The people running the home deserve some kind of punishment for allowing it to happen.

My prayers go out for your cousin.

Del

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
Where in Northern Alberta? I grew up in the Peace River Country and most of my family lives around there.

A town in Peace River country. "Blue Berry" I think.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Does the boy deserve punishment? I can't really say since we don't know anything about him. Perhaps he has his own mental and or emotional problems and that's why he is in that home. The people running the home deserve some kind of punishment for allowing it to happen.

Bull crap. Anyone who does something like that deserves an ass whooping. I'd take a belt to his ass till he couldn't walk. And then go stomp his father's ass.

It doesn't matter if he'd been treated badly. Boo-hoo, his parent's neglected him, so he beats up a girl. Grrrr.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads