D&D (2024) So...the next OneD&D update is gonna feel weird...

Scribe

Legend
Don't do this. I get you are bitter, but just be honest.

the dark knight joker GIF

Scribe

Legend
No it's not.

And before deciding on that stuff they should wait for the new OGL to be released or D&D's statement.

Yes it is. When a corporation shows you what it is, you use any and every means of communication with said corporation possible, to indicate how you feel about it.

If they want feedback, they will get feedback.

Everyone, literally everyone, should realize by now what we are dealing with, and if they dont approve, they need to make as much noise as possible.

I'm tempted to even create a Twitter account, to add my small meaningless individual voice, to the whole.

D&D's "Statement" will be corporate filler, not worth the bytes it costs me to read it. Nothing they have to say will matter unless its "We are not revoking the 1.0 OGL, and we hereby give up all rights to do so, and the 3.5 SRD"

I'll also take a number of public apologies, youtube videos, and Tweets, indicating how they were wrong, and how they simply wanted to make as much money as possible while suppressing competition and trampling on the livelihoods of creators.

Then they can go on their way and ruin their game again for all I care.

Retreater

Legend
This makes no sense to me. Even with the backlash I don't think this will affect the game plans that much.
The promotional push and playtest, "code name" OneD&D is shot. There is likely no salvaging the relationship with content creators or 3PP.
The smiling reveal videos on DND Beyond are going to have a veil of regret, knowing they failed to convince the biggest names in the industry to follow.
While they may get people to buy and play 6E, OneD&D will be remembered as a failure because it splintered the community in a way we haven't seen in the modern era (15 years?)
They blew it.

Retreater

Legend
Don't do this. I get you are bitter, but just be honest.
Nah. Wizards gets what it gives.
I have content that will now be delisted from platforms. Books I've written that have been cancelled.
For what - Suits that care nothing about us? That's what's causing all this turmoil among my friends in the publishing industry.
Nah, I'm done making excuses for these lunchroom bullies who think we're just a bunch of nerdy losers.
I stuck with them through 4e, but this time I'm done with them.

Hr.

So, if folks are mad at WotC, and going to leave over this... does their feedback actually matter? OneD&D will be the game for folks who don't know or don't care about the OGL. They'll continue to give feedback as normal.

Thus, WotC can probably just eliminate whatever highly negative feedback they get, and keep their eyes on the less virulent stuff, and probably still hit the mark their remaining market wants.
Might be hard to get accurate feedback though as angry people may give feedback just to screw with them. I bet the next packet is delayed.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases