D&D General So this arrived today!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A13A1ABD-E516-4840-B739-F053DF374F25.jpeg

Oh my. I'll be interested to hear reviews of it. Not expecting a huge amount given the time-travel plot, but sometimes reviews of not-great books are a lot more interesting than reviews of good ones. Kind of an inverted bent bell-curve almost, terrible and mediocre books often have an interesting review because the criticism has stuff to engage with, truly great books likewise because they have something to say, but merely good, solid, "nothing wrong with them" book there's often no much to review.

rooneg

Adventurer
I"m about halfway through. So far it's pretty much all Destina's story.
The same... Some spoiler filled thoughts.

I'm kind of getting pulled out of the story via suspension of disbelief issues. Like, how the heck does this random low level renegade mage know all this stuff about how to alter time via a unique artifact combined with a kender? I just can't imagine that the details of how Legends went down are common knowledge even within the wizards of high sorcery, let alone outside them. Similar with the details of how the Graygem of Gargath operates. It's like half the characters in this story have read all the previous books or something.

Remove ads